Dometic Corporation / Rip off

Dometic Air conditioner lasted 6 months into warrantee, the refrigerator lasted 8 months into the 3 year warrantee. Motor home used only 2 months during that time. Motor home had less than 1000 miles on the odometer. Motor home manufactured by Forest River. Forest River or Dometic will back up the 3 year warrantee because I am a second owner. This is a rip off. Can they get away with this?

Ti

Comments

• Al
      29th of Apr, 2015

Bought a Dometic Penquin II roof-top air conditioner in April 2014. By October 2014 the compressor had seized up. When I contacted Dometic about warranty and informing them I was vacationing in Mexico, they voided my warranty. I then asked about buying a replacement compressor and I would pay for the installation; whereupon they told me that they only offer exchange units and no parts, and that the unit is sealed and not serviceable.
    So here I was in Hot Mexico on vacation, with no a/c, and no parts availability. A local Mexican a/c company installed a new vertical compressor and recharged the system for $250. I needed to pay another fellow $50 to cut a hole and Fiberglas a bulge for clearance of the vertical compressor. The Mexicanized unit works 100% and is now also 100% serviceable and looks sweet with the power bulge.
    I never want to deal with the rude uncooperative people at Dometic. I consider it as $750 dollars wasted on an inferior product.
    Never, never inform them that you were vacationing outside the US or they will void your warranty.