Disneyland / Rip off
I think you've all seen the commercials. The commercial shows Disneyland in the middle of the day with hardly any people in the park and the Disney characters running along with small children. It also shows children having private conversations with the Disney characters as well.
The truth is that the park is ALWAYS CROWDED and other than standing in a long line in Toon Town to visit Mickey Mouse, the other characters are typically mobbed by children eager to touch, hug, or just be close to the character.
I've seen Winnie the Pooh get so mobbed, he was pushed up against the wall and had to be helped by some parents to get him out of there.
I think the problem with these commercials is that they create a false impression that the child is going to the park without huge crowds and get special attention by the characters walking around with them, when that is simply not the case. One shot has a child and Donald Duck skipping along together!! That is pure false advertising.
The only way to get a character to visit with you is to pay for an expensive 'Breakfast with the Characters'. That way, characters will come visit with you at your breakfast table. Anyway, that's a totally different situation than what is advertised on their TV commercial.
Shame on Disneyland for lying to children.
More Disneyland Complaints & Reviews
- Disneyland - Rude Cast Member 
- Disneyland - Rip off, smells, scam 
- Disneyland Resort - Overcharged and unresolved
- Disneyland - its a ripoff 
- Disneyland - Sold out 
- Disneyland Paris - warranty and quality issues with a jumper
- Disneyland Interactive - food services, guest control, and security.
- Disneyland - unkind to pregnant women 
- Disneyland Interactive - military tickets
- Disneyland Interactive - first time visit to disneyland was a nightmare