Discovery Medical Aid / giving birth through midwives
I find it very strange that Discovery rates for Midwives are so ridiculous low when a member chooses to go through midwives as compared to hospital rates.
On average giving birth through a hospital would easily cost more than R60 000 and discovery medical aid pays in full. But through Midwives it costs maximum R20 000 but discovery rates only refund about 20% of the costs, which is unfair because not all people prefer hospitals for birth.
I would like to urge Discovery to really consider us as well as the are loosing nothing but saving a lot of money through midwives births. I recently lost a lot of money while I pay a lot to Discovery.
More Discovery Medical Aid Complaints & Reviews
- Discovery Health - failing to update contact details which resulted in listing on itc 
- Discovery Insure - claim issues 
- Discovery Medical Aid - unpaid medical bills 
- Discovery Health - will not allow me to add a dependant
- Discovery Health - keycare benefit option is rubbish
- Discovery Health Medical Aid - reimbursement process
- Discovery Health Medical Aid - your recent upgrade of service providers validation of membership/funds
- Discovery Health Medical Aid - payment of procedure
- Discovery Health Medical Aid - medical aid and hospital
- Discovery Insure - pathetic service, no response, refund on car hire