Discovery Medical Aid / giving birth through midwives
I find it very strange that Discovery rates for Midwives are so ridiculous low when a member chooses to go through midwives as compared to hospital rates.
On average giving birth through a hospital would easily cost more than R60 000 and discovery medical aid pays in full. But through Midwives it costs maximum R20 000 but discovery rates only refund about 20% of the costs, which is unfair because not all people prefer hospitals for birth.
I would like to urge Discovery to really consider us as well as the are loosing nothing but saving a lot of money through midwives births. I recently lost a lot of money while I pay a lot to Discovery.
More Discovery Medical Aid Complaints & Reviews
- Discovery Insure - claim issues 
- Discovery Health - failing to update contact details which resulted in listing on itc 
- Discovery Health - will not allow me to add a dependant
- Discovery Medical Aid - unpaid medical bills 
- Discovery Health - keycare benefit option is rubbish 
- Discovery Insure - insurance claim
- Discovery Health Medical Aid - membership
- Discovery Health Medical Aid South Africa - your bully practice of only paying for one brand of medication you decide is suitable for a diagnosis
- Discovery Health Medical Aid - let care plus medical aid
- Discovery Health Medical Aid - widow left devastated by discovery after not paying medical bills