Direct Energy / billing scam
Has anybody else been experiencing this? Direct Energy does not take a meter reading, but makes an "estimate" and bills you on that "estimate". After a period of about 6 months, it "corrects" the estimate with an actual reading, and invariably refunds you for its high estimates.
This is a neat scam by Direct Energy to sock its customers for interest-free "loans" under the guise of making "estimated" payments.
My bills are as high as $100 each month based on my actual reading versus their"estimate".
Shame on Direct Energy for bilking its customers to finance its operations interest-free.
Any class-action lawyers out there?
More Direct Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Direct Energy - negative option contract renewal! 
- Direct Energy - fraud and cheating! 
- Direct Energy - billing 
- Direct Energy - things we should know as customers before signing with direct energy for natural gas 
- Mr Tankless / Ontario Direct Energy - owner 
- Direct Energy Services - billing and processing
- Direct Energy - scam
- Direct Energy - the aeroplan points
- Direct Energy - billing gas and electricity
- Direct Energy - natural gas and electricity