[Resolved] DHGate.com / request for refund denied using false information and not adhering to any basic consumer rights laws

Customer - Nicola Solman
Purchase order - [protected]

I bought a wedding dress from the DH Gate website, it is too big, not fit for purpose, not as described and I want a full refund. I contacted DH Gate to request a refund within 7 days of receiving the item. In a court of law a consumer has a 30 day period to request a full refund, not 7 days. I have gone through all the correct channels to resolve this but have had nothing that resembles a fair response, let alone resolution.

I have tried to reach a resolution with the seller, but they are ignoring my requests and have used the language barrier to further avoid my concerns or options for resolution. I therefore opened a dispute for DH Gate to mediate, which to my absolute disgust and horror has been closed apparently due to not submitting evidence on time. The photographic evidence was already sent to the seller via the DH Gate resolution centre, it is clearly there online, and I also resent it as part of the dispute (a picture of the dress with a tape measure in position - why I needed to do this I have no idea). This is unfair, unjust, and clearly breaks the law. To say I am both shocked and disappointed at the lack of customer service or respect for any kind of consumer rights laws is an understatement. Other people must be suffering similar issues with this company. I have repeatedly asked for a full refund but been brushed off and all I am offered are useless responses, if at all. I even suggested that if the dress can be sent back to the seller and another sent to me in a US size 4, free of charge, we may be able to reach an agreement. None of this has happened. I have said to DH Gate that they have until Friday 12th January to completely resolve this issue otherwise I will be forced to begin court proceedings.

I would be hugely grateful for any help resolving this. Please contact me directly if you need additional information.

DHGate.com

• Resolution statement

• DHGate.com Customer Care's Response, Dec 24, 2017

Hi Nicola,

We understand the importance in getting a resolution on this issue. We checked this order and the dispute was closed and released since it's already beyond 7 days since you received the product. The item was delivered according to the DHL tracking site on Monday, November 27, 2017 and you filed the dispute on 2017-12-06. The item you bought is under the special products which means that disputes should be filed within 7 days since delivery, please check this link for your reference about this policy: http://help.dhgate.com/help/buyerhelpen.php?artid=55E86F0F79CE5D5DE0537A6415ACA226&catid=3301#help_php-searchmiddel-10

We will be needing the seller's confirmation now in order for us to process a refund, please ask the seller to send you a message stating "I agree to give you a refund for the amount of $**". Once the seller sends you this message, please contact us back so that we can operate it for you. For your future reference, please be sure to contact us immediately if you have any issues with the items that you received so that we can assist you in getting a resolution right away. We are committed to giving a refund as long as our refund process is followed, please check our help pages for helpful articles about our policies.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in chatting with us by clicking on ‘Online Chat’ from our Customer Service page: www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do

Sincerely,
    Sil
    DHgate Customer Service

Dec 21, 2017

Comments

• Th
      Dec 21, 2017

DH gate is a scam. Everyone knows this. This seems to be a situation where you did not perform Due Dilligence, by checking reviews, prior to ordering.

Sad for your dress, but they cannot be held to the same UK standards, because they are in a different country. You could file a small claims suit against dhgate, and you may win... but you will never get paid. Sorry. :-(

• Dh
      Dec 24, 2017

@The checkyouself Checker Hi The checkyouself Checker,

DHgate is not a scam, we've been in business for more than 13 years and we have Escrow Service which is our buyer protection program. We are committed to giving a refund as long as our refund process is followed, we have a large percentage of successful orders.

We always remind our buyers to contact us immediately if there are issues with the purchases they make on our website.

Sincerely,
    DHgate Customer Service

• Cr
      Jan 26, 2018

no you are a scam. all you wanted is my personal information. still fighting with these people for a refund after sending all they needed.