Devry University Online / rip off

I was researching online education options in the hotel management field when devry's ads popped up. I asked for additional info. And shortly after that starting receiving emails from a tracy blake, student advisor I guess.

I was advised that the only way to truly get a cost estimate for my chosen degree was to follow her recommended steps. First, I had to get a financial aide pin from the website she told me to visit and then I had to submit an application fee, at the cost of $50.00.

I was told this fee was refundable if I chose not to submit my application for enrollment to their school. I guess she forgot to state the 3 days allowable period that was later mentioned to me by their admission's guy who handles the refunds.

Needless to say, I chose not to attend their online university and requested a refund, in an email, stating such. And of course this guy refused on the basis of their 3 day policy.

What a rip off!!!

Si

Comments

• Fl
      10th of Mar, 2009

If anyone tells you that you need to pay to fill out the FAFSA, it is a scam. The FAFSA is a federal form that does not cost anything to fill out or submit. Get an attorney

• La
      11th of Jul, 2009

The $50.00 fee was for enrollment for the school not FAFSA. I go to DeVry, and I paid the $50.00 but it was for the enollment fee for the school not FAFSA.

• Pi
      28th of Oct, 2009

Any school you apply to that doesn't have open enrollment, meaning, doesn't accept anyone under the sun, to their University, has an application fee. You cannot find out any Financial Aid information for any school without having an application on file for them. That the law, to protect you, so that everyone isn't accessing your financial information. You were not scammed, you were uneducated.