Deegan Roofing Company Inc / Bad Workmenship

1 Plainfield, NJ, United States Review updated:

Hello my name is Dawn.
My husband and I had just recently employed Deegan Roofing Company of Plainfield NJ to do our roof and it has been nothing but problems ever since.
We decided to get our roof done 3 months ago and called Deegan Roofing Company to do the work.
We met the following day at our home and agreed on price an color shingle.
When Deegan Roofing Company came to do our roof the following week, they began to apply the wrong color shingle. When I told the foreman about this he said that I would have to call the office to straighten it out... and continued to apply the wrong color shingle.
I franticly called the Deegan Roofing Company office and after 15 aganizing minutes I was finnaly able to get someone on the phone that would put a hult to the work.

I was informed by Deegan Roofing Company that I would have to wait a day or two for the correct color shingles. It took a month for them to come back witch was horrible because they had torn all our shingles off the last time they were at our home.
In the time that I had no shingles the roof leaked in several areas of the house, staining areas of the ceiling and soaking my husbands workstation area. We were told by Deegan Roofing Company that they would send someone out to fix the stained areas but we have not been visited by this person yet and have given up on that idea.

I can happily report that Deegan Roofing Company finished installing our roof but not before destroying my rosebush, breaking my patio table and leaving black scrape marks on all of our siding.

I would highly recommend that you DO NOT USE DEEGAN ROOFING COMPANY INC of PLAINFIELD NJ.
They were rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional. An agonizing experience to say the least.

Dawn

Da

More Deegan Roofing Company Inc Complaints & Reviews

Comments

De
  4th of Aug, 2008

I am happy to say that I don't agree. Deegan Roofing replaced my roof last week. They showed up on time on the day that they said they would and worked to complete the installation in one day. The owner showed up with the workers and directed them to protect certain windows and doors and tarp certain areas. They had already advised me to remove my deck furniture to avoid damage, and they took great care working around the landscaping in the front of the house. They were replacing an original roof to match two additions and the color match on the shingles is perfect.

They did what they said they would in the timeframe that they said they would do it.

Me
  12th of Sep, 2008

I have to agree with Debra. I've noticed that there are identical comments left for both Penyak Roofing and Deegan Roofing... it seems as though there is a spiteful contractor or disgruntled employee abusing this forum

Ms
  4th of Jun, 2011

I agree with Debra also. Our Deegan roofing job was performed professionally, quickly, and with no problems whatsoever. A broken bush you say? That can be replaced. Quality workmanship is hard to find these days. I highly recommend Deegan for your roofing needs. They have been in business a long time and are here to stay. 

Gi
  6th of Mar, 2013

I have been a past customer of Deegan's, but I signed a contract with them in November and it is now March and he has been giving me every excuse in the book for not coming. He ran to do my roof when he wasn't busy, but now that he is, he is putting me at the end of the list. I am so frustrated an he really is rude and crude and just totally dismissed me. He actually made a date to do the work and then didn't show up. I know he is competent but he treats the customer like crap.

Ch
  13th of Aug, 2015

RE: Deegan Roofing
I had no problem with Brien or George the foreman
of roofing crew
they did the big mold remediation.
the women called
me daily,
they emailed, they
were professional
- got a dumpster in early.
IDK if these complaints are even referring to this company!
They came out on Sunday early to avoid
any chance for rain,
a roof I had was leaking, they did mold remediation, replaced wood damaged, showed me photos -and even after I accidentally okd charcoal roof they let me get hickory.
the foreman was awesome, guys were awesome and Brien was professional and courteous. Billy was wonderful and George the foreman was awesome!
I would highly recommend Deegan Roofing and I have given them another job already ;)