DealExtreme / no delivery

Hong Kong Review updated:

On February 4th I ordered 2 SD cards & paid using Paypal. Dealextreme promised me a delivery in maximum 2 weeks.
On march 5th, a month after paying the goods I still had nothing at my door so I started a claim on Paypal. After that I got this email from DX:

Dear customer,
We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. But we can not refund you because you have opened a dispute, in that case we can not operate your order, So would you please close the dispute firstly? Then tell us, we will refund you ASAP.

I was stupid enough to believe them & cancelled my claim at paypal.
That was the worse thing that I should have done because now, march 28th, I still have nothing.
Only thing I received was some corrupt email from DX:

Dear Customer,
Sorry for the delay.
Kindly inform you that your order was shipped on <2/23/2012 > with tracking number RT130385554HK .The status of tracking number will not update so soon.
If after 4 weeks from shipment the order still doesn't arrive, you may contact us and we will follow up on the package.
Hope the items will be reached you smoothly and safely. We appreciate you can wait patiently.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

If I check the tracking, item was not send on 2/23/2012 but on March 10th.
Today I still have nothing in my mailbox & did not receive any goods.

Be careful who you do business with because a company like Dealextreme is far away & I costs you a lot of money arguing on the phone.

Comments

• Da
      24th of Jun, 2012

Dealextreme are a extremely bad deal customer service is useless...I would urge people to avoid them like a plague!!!

• Te
      1st of May, 2013

I was met with the same thing. But lucky for me, when they asked me to close the dispute, I told them no and to ask them to refund me through the dispute. After which they tried to BS their way through by saying that Paypal doesn't allow it. I was surprised to hear that and made a call to Paypal for confirmation. After the call, I did what Paypal asked me to do, "You should escalate the claim and ask them for partial refund. They will be able to refund by that."

Thus I escalated and got my money back.

I think they use the same ruse on every customer asking for refund. "Close the dispute and we will refund ASAP." which they had never once fulfill their promise. You can google around and read all about it. Most closed the dispute and never got back their money nor their items.

• Te
      1st of May, 2013

I forgot to say that I got my money back because Paypal give it back to me, not that they refund me on their own accord.