Davison / scam - rip off - don't be a victim

1 595 Alpha DrivePittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

For anyone who has been taken by Davison since the 2008 lawsuit settlement, please join the davisonisgoingdown group and invite anybody you know who has been victimized by this company. We need to come together so we can start a new class action lawsuit. Please share your story here and stay tuned for more details as I figure out how to move forward.

Here is my story:

I hired Davison who is an inventor promotional firm to help me bring my idea from conception to market. I have paid excess of $9000 in July 2009 and was last contacted by my representative Michael Grando in March 2010. At that time, I was told my actual product sample had been manufactured and was in QA and I would have a provisional patent application within 2 weeks. I never heard back from Grando and began calling leaving voicemails and sending emails. Finally I spoke to the receptionist who advised Grando was on medical leave and Gary Humes was handling my design. I began leaving Humes numerous voicemails and have also left voicemails with the Vice President and still have not received a response regarding my inquiries on my product.

Since my concerns, I have learned Davison had been sued by the FTC for practices that are still being used today in which I am a victim of. For example, I was told they had great contacts with companies, more specifically, Cuisinart with which they would be presenting my design to. I am learning that they do not have solid standing here. When I told them I had another company in mind I was told that they were the experts in this area and had done all of the preliminary research to target this company. I even asked who their contact with Cuisinart was and was told that it was a confidentiality matter and could not be shared with me. I was also told that very few people's ideas were accepted by Davison as they were selective on the applicants received but mine was being accepted for further development.

DON'T TRUST DAVISON THEY WILL GET YOUR MONEY AND NEVER CALL BACK!!!

Comments

• De
      18th of Oct, 2012

Hello I have received an email from Kenneth Roberts Director of New Products "want to discuss it with you as soon as you get this email. I would also like to discuss with you how we would present your idea to a corporation to see if they would be interested in acquiring it." Is this the same guy as above Ken Mashracky?

18th of Oct, 2012

I have received an email from Kenneth Roberts Director of New Products "I would also like to discuss with you how we would present your idea to a corporation to see if they would be interested in acquiring it." is this possibly the same person as mentioned in previous complaints Ken Mashracky sounds like guy may be using a different last name?

18th of Oct, 2012

I have not given any money nor have I even talked to anyone from "New Products" I was wondering if it was the same person?

• Bo
      15th of Jan, 2013

I want to file a lawsuit against Davison invention...if we all agree let's do it...want my money back...can't get a response from Davisons...let's make it happen!!!

22nd of Apr, 2013

I lost over 14, 000.00 with Davison.
    They made me a bunch of empty promises.

John McNab
    Winnipeg

• Fe
      9th of May, 2013

I would like to join the group. I too have been scammed by Davison - $10, 000 was my loss and I received nothing in return for the money. Now I cannot even get them to call me back. I have been trying to call Matt Alwin 800-677-6382 xtn 40018 he is the Sr. Director of Licensing. I also have been trying to call Tom Betts xtn 57288 Director of New Products. No response now that they have all their money I cannot get them. Sean Slane promised I could get my prototype of my product if they did not sell the product I would get the full version prototype back and I cannot even get this from them. I would like to be a part of any lawsuit that is started - I do not know how to join the group?

• Cl
      9th of May, 2013

If anyone like to join the class action lawsuit please email your full name, address, and phone number and we will add you.
    davison@classaction.com

3rd of May, 2018

@classactionlawsuittoday Jacob Van Riper 3136 pearl dr fullerton ca 92831, 657 445 7239, i been a victim of this scam since 2012 so please send me an email my email address is vjacob10426@yahoo.Com

12th of Jun, 2013

I have also backed out of what started to look like a con, i would like to participate in the law suit as i have lost around 500 pounds.
    I will submit my details and more info to the above email address when i get a chance.

13th of Jun, 2013

I want to add that there is a terrible injustice occurring that needs to be taken to court! This many people being taken advantage of...my brother included. Thousands of dollars later and nothing but empty hopes to show for it. Oh...sorry, a provisional patent...all to show for it. Davison has a proven process and method alright...to take advantage of those not business savvy (or unsuspecting targets). Got our idea all the way to prototype and were informed that the idea had been submitted for proposal to Moen...all seemed to be rolling and we were on our way (with intentions of participating in a conference call to review). This ended up as many of you have described...NOWHERE!!! When asked for copies of the presentation we received an email attachment of some disappointing image of what was supposed to be our product...with a name totally different from what we started with (and listed in provisional patent)...with no notice or request for approval to change. Count us in for support in presenting a case. Caution to all who are reading these posts for advice...better off putting your money into a savings account; you'll make more money on your investment that way.

13th of Jun, 2013

Comment to classactionlawsuittoday...email came back as undeliverable. What gives?

• Mg
      19th of Sep, 2013

My name is M.Griffin and I submitted my ideal to davison in Feb 2012. Davison game me a call in March. The man who called me back name was: Nicolas Bloom Director of New Products. They told me they were very interested in my product, and it was my decision to move forward or have regrets in the long run that I did not do anything with it. So I decided move forward and it cost me March 6th 795.00 dollars. I have all my receipts and all my proof! Phase 1 and 2 is the Pre-Development stage. Nicolas Bloom and I would brain storm with the endless possibilties we could do with my product. Then in March 2012 I was transferred to: Matthew Dixon Senior Director of New Products. Then in June 6th I was sent an email because they say we are at the half way point this begins the development of the product phase 3 and 4. June 7th I got a call if you paid so much, you would get a discount and the more royalities you would keep once the corporation took on your invention plus this included the proto-type. I paid 9, 011.00. June 11th I received a receipt for my total amount of money I put down which was 11, 485.00 with a savings of 474.00. During the developmental stage when creating the proto-type Mr. Dixon would communicate with me about what was going on, but later I learned they earned commission to be nice to you, they did not care about the people, but the money, which I learned from . This whole thing was a fraud. My brother tried to warn me! Oct or Nov they sent me a pictures of my product which I though was really classy. In November Mr. Dixon was trying to get more money from me for, Davison advertising to help my product to get seen faster. They tell you they sent take it to conventions but that is lie.
    In December they sent me stuff to fill out to send to United States Patent and Trademark office which is an extra 125.00 for a provisional patent. Did you know the patent format changes every year, and gets more expensive every year? I learned from a patent lawyer the patent law changed in march of 2013. March 4th my invention went to the final phase and moved Mr. Dixon to Barbra Browning her title: Senior Director of licensing. It took 3 weeks to get in touch with this women, she was supposed to call me. She said that my invention had three corporations who were interested and they narrowed it down to Arrow Plastics, but she said they had no room to take my project, but if I put down more money they get more corporations to check out my invention. When I went to see the Patent Lawyer Monday, he davison is a fraud company and stay far away from them! I would love to be part of this class action lawsuit against davidson. My email address is vincedenesemarty@sbcglobal.net Right now I am in the process of trying to get the prototype from them...

6th of Nov, 2013

Is this class action still in the works? I got scammed by them for over $9000 and it seems everyone was contacted by the VP of new products, , , mine was Anthony Valkanas VP of new products. I bet they are all VP of new products to make you think your important that the head guy is doing your product.
    They told me they would try to market my product until I told them to stop but they never mentioned the $450 fee for every company that they target!!! They never let you see what they send to the company they say are looking at or interested in your product you just have to take their word for it that they tried. I am currently seeking a lawyer to handle my case against them.
    If anyone is out there and would like to proceed with a class action suit then count me in!!!
    I can be contacted at daviddarick@hotmail.com

Waiting a response!!!

18th of Nov, 2013

I can't believe there are no other people wanting to do this class action suit with me, , think about it with all of you loosing $10, 000 each and ten or more of us is a lot of money that a lawyor could get by taking them to court. I think we could get a pretty good lawyor for 50, 000 dollars which i am willing to give up half of what i lost just to get back at them for being rip off's and they are still doing it today with other people and they keep getting richer and richer.
    Lets team up and go after them NOW!!!

David D
    daviddarick@hotmail.com

10th of Jan, 2014

I too fell victom to this scam. Cost me everything and now my job as I have quit my job to market my product myself. Davison were ringing me all the time for more money to go to the next level. The thing is I already had the product to end stage, as well as the packaging. They said they wanted to redo the packaging to suit the company they where presenting my product to. It has been three years now. Another company has made a product exactly like mine and patented it. I had asked for my product back years ago, but they did not return it. I have rung many times and got only an answer machine. I am in Australia and rely on communication via email or phone. I never got updates. I received some cds and a folder that I filled with emails from them. Once they got my money I never heard from them again.
    I would like to join a class again against them.

10th of Jan, 2014

What company did you go to to have it made and what were their prices on that?
    You are the only one it seems that wants to do a law suit against davison but if you find anyone else count me in too!

11th of Jan, 2014

Well all we can do is wait an see if a lawyor will come foward and only take monies from what we have paid davison but this company has to be stopped. They except anything that people send them and take their money wether they feel they will make any money or not but davison knows they are going to get apid once they get the victom to pay it's all over for them. They don't even call the companies they se ry to market to they send nthem a letter and not the product and then they just wait and when the company doesn't want it they jusy blow it offf, don't try to do any sales technics just try to charge the client more money to go to another company.IT HAS TO STOP NOW PEOPLE!!!

15th of Jan, 2014

I suggest that everyone that wants to get involved with a class action law suit against Davison design lets go public. I recently contacted CNN and suggested that they attemp to do a story on Davison and how many people got ripped off by them taking any idea that was submitted to them and basically promised money in return for their idea.
    All you have to do is go to CNN's contact us page and under suggest a story give them your complaint against Davison and hopefully by going public with this some lawyer will come forward and possibly help some of us get our monies back!
    So act now and if CNN gets enough people telling them to expose Davison then mayber something good will come our way or stop them once and for all on ripping people off. On the reply they sent on my complaint they said they charge $385 for repacking and refubishing the sample for each company they try to license it to. When ifact they don't even send the sample to companies unless they ask and mine was not send to the company they tried to sell mine to and that was confirmed by the person who was handling my project license attempt. He told me right out that my sample was not sent anywhere so why would they need to refurbish or repackage something that was never handled in the first place?

15th of Jan, 2014

Hey folks...the only way that any law firm will take the class action seriously is if there is a formidable list of defendants willing to pursue. We need to be as tenacious as the Davison representative that convinced you to send them your money!!!

15th of Jan, 2014

I just recently sent a message to CNN in their suggest a story at their contact us page. I think everyone that is still in with a law suit do the same and if enough people will do that then maybe it will go national and stop davison from ripping anymore of us off! What I told them was exactly what happened and for them to checkout the internet and find out that davison only paid 12 more people money or they made money that was more than they paid davison, only 12 out of 52, 000 or more people. That you can find on wikipedia and that number was more than I listed here as of aug 2013 in their report. If they see that and then all of us suggesting a story about davison on national TV I think some lawyor wanting to hit the news will maybe try and help us out and in turn shut down the lying employee's at davsion and say goodbye to that company forever! No matter what kind of idea or stupid thing you can come up with and submit it to them they will except it and put a price tag on it between their normal $8, 000 to $12, 000 to make a piece of junk and call it a prototype. like the one they made for my idea It looked like some little kid had made it and probably cost them about $100 to put the time in building it.

• Rh
      17th of Mar, 2014

Hey guys, I was taken by Davison and I would like to get this bootleg company, and I'm talking about going for it all. I want these guys out of business and I also want my money plus interest returned to me. My step dad told me that this company was a rip off but I didn't listen. With me that broke some laws, including fraud. Do you guys have a lawyer? I've been in touch with the director of new products and I've been telling him that my lawsuit is coming. But I just randomly saw this post and I know that a class action is a lot more effective. Let me know how I get involved.