Davison Inventegration / stole my time, money and lied!!!

I'm not going to post what happened. I want everyone who has been wronged by this company to respond to this post with 1) your name

2) your location in the US or abroad

3) how much you spent with them.

4) ONLY post your story if you feel the need, keep it brief. You can name the person you worked with there, that may help too. My sales guy was a man named Benjamin Choffel and some man named Andy Cable. Let's get this started

Hopefully we can sign this (like a petition) and forward it to those in a position to help us. Do not be quiet in this matter.

Aj

Comments

• Fa
      14th of Mar, 2010

Simple story:

Submitted idea on a whim via Publisher's Clearinghouse.

Impressed by Davison websites and cover of Entrepreneur magazine - decided to roll the dice with $595 .

Gary Yarber called and told me everything I wanted to hear and made it a point to tell me he plays music in the church band and that I "may have been given a gift".

Decided to look further...discovered FTC lawsuit, numerous complaints with BBB, and countless stories of those who payed thousands for shattered dreams.

Seek and ye shall find.

• Bi
      19th of Mar, 2010

Gary Yarber!!! LOL! HaHaHa!! Ask him if he is still on Methadone from his prescription pill addiction. He used to nod off in staff meetings he was so high.

• Sc
      15th of Jul, 2010

Ok, had an idea, went to davison, among others, usual crap from sales team..they really big up the idea and suck you in big style, got them on the run when i told them i was a time served designer and engineer, and i had working CAD models and a 2 stage prototype already constructed and in the testing phases...the response from them was "oh..you dont need to do that, its not that necessary" im telling you that it is, i have worked with companies such as lotus and tesla and DAF and Scania, and i know how to bring a produt through all of the design phases, stay away from these leeches, they are useless bloodsucking [censor]s who only want to profit from your suffering. do not pay them a single dollar, spread the word and shut them down..

• Ne
      22nd of Jul, 2010

I hired Davison who is an inventor promotional firm to help me bring my idea from conception to market. I have paid excess of $9000 in July 2009 and was last contacted by my representative Michael Grando in March 2010. At that time, I was told my actual product sample had been manufactured and was in QA and I would have a provisional patent application within 2 weeks. I never heard back from Grando and began calling leaving voicemails and sending emails. Finally I spoke to the receptionist who advised Grando was on medical leave and Gary Humes was handling my design. I began leaving Humes numerous voicemails and have also left voicemails with the Vice President and still have not received a response regarding my inquiries on my product.

Since my concerns, I have learned Davison had been sued by the FTC for practices that are still being used today in which I am a victim of. For example, I was told they had great contacts with companies, more specifically, Cuisinart with which they would be presenting my design to. I am learning that they do not have solid standing here. When I told them I had another company in mind I was told that they were the experts in this area and had done all of the preliminary research to target this company. I even asked who their contact with Cuisinart was and was told that it was a confidentiality matter and could not be shared with me. I was also told that very few people's ideas were accepted by Davison as they were selective on the applicants received but mine was being accepted for further development. PLEASE - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NEVER CALL YOU BACK!

• Bb
      11th of Aug, 2010

My issue with this company is similar the following report from the Pittsburgh newspaper is worth reading I will support your issue and hope to post my complaint soon.

Davison settles with FTC www.post-gazette.com/pg/08197/897020-28.stm

Regards
    BB17

20th of Aug, 2010

my name is darren peterson i had big dreams about my invention they trashed it i new that it was a long shot but they new how to make you fill good new how to fill important then they took all my money close to nine thousand now nothing to show for it they are the worst kind of skam artists i got a paitant and nothing else my email pete3860@live dot com i wish i could do samthing about those [censor]

• Ge
      16th of Dec, 2010

these sleezbags all need to get spanked and put in jail with bubba, same exact story as 100 others i have read took me for 12970.00 want to see them suffer, i cant believe they havnt been shut down. all people that have been shut down need to shut the [censor] down, I have contacted 60 minutes, dateline, 48 hours, 2 lawyers everyone should do the same, I am writting my senators, govenor.news papers, I will file civil law suite in city of pittsburgh. I will be heard as I hope you are too. all these [censor]s need their heads on a post with george davison upfront. Steve from alaska

16th of Dec, 2010

If you submitted your idea to Davison, our Confidentiality Agreement clearly stated, “I understand submitting my idea is not a release and that this information cannot be used, disclosed or sold without my express written permission. I also understand that all Davison employees are required to sign an ethics and confidentiality agreement for my protection.” We stand by that promise.

We have checked our records and do not have an idea that was submitted by a Steven in Fairbanks, AK. It is likely that this complaint was lodged by a competitor. A client would have wanted to air the complaint directly to the company when given the opportunity. If you are a competitor please comply with the rules of business etiquette and fundamental ethics
    Below is a basic outline of how our company does business. Clearly, all of our services are provided with full risk disclosures and on a written contract basis only. We can only ask that clients re-read the agreements and compare our services to other companies. You will find our pricing to be very reasonable.

Step One: All potential clients must acknowledge that invention development is high risk. In order to do so, each prospective customer is provided with an Affirmative Disclosure and an American Inventors Protection Act disclosure. All potential clients must acknowledge that they received and read these disclosures before we accept any idea submission from them. Thereby, we ensure that invention submitters understand that inventing is time-consuming, costly and rarely results in profit. As a result, none of our clients should have the impression that inventing is easy and financially rewarding. Inventing can be educational, fun and exciting as long as everyone keeps in mind that profit is unlikely.

Step Two: Pre-development Service Offer: After receipt of an invention idea we often offer to perform preliminary design research services on the project. This would include researching prior patents of inventions that are similar or perform the same function as the idea submitted and information on other products that are for sale or have been for sale that are similar to the one submitted. Any service offer made to a potential client is made in writing so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing.

Step Three: Invention Prototype Services Offer: If the inventor does not have a professional quality sample for use, we can perform one or more services, including brainstorming new product designs, designing components, creating prototypes, building working models, virtual reality renderings, video demonstrations of the invention in use and complete product graphics and packaging. Here again, any service offerings are outlined in a written contract so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing.

Step Four: Licensing Representation: Once projects are designed, built and packaged our team presents them to companies for licensing consideration.

If you are a client, we ask you to contact us to explain why you were unhappy with our services, and what was provided to you. Without knowledge of what the issue is behind posting information of this nature on a complaint website, and no contact information we cannot help to right any issues. We are attempting to solve any issue on Pissed Consumer, when they are identified to us. We are here to help, so if you have questions or want to provide information on your complaint to our Chief Consumer Advocate, we ask again for you to contact us at cca@davisoninvents.com.

We wish you the best of luck with your invention or idea.

CCA

• Ge
      17th of Dec, 2010

oh you know who I am sleezebag, nice try though you guys must go to liar artist school. sean jones, michael bathory, fred evans, How is it I know your names, or are they your names? if I was a coward [censor] salesman like you I would probably not use my real name. but I guess you think you will continue to get away with this, eventully you could rip off the wrong person

21st of Dec, 2010

This post is directed towards getevensteven:

Obviously, you are not of the inventing spirit. As most inventors know, inventing is high risk and we ensure that every consumer is well aware of these risks prior to choosing whether or not to purchase our design and development services.

The spokesperson for the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office has been quoted as saying, "There are around 1.5 million patents in effect and in force in this country, and of those, maybe 3, 000 are commercially viable." (Richard Maulsby, Director of Public Affairs, USPTO, quoted in Business Week, November 10, 2005.)

No one here is hiding the fact that inventing is risky and we are not hiding the fact that we have no idea who you are. Simply put, we offer to the general public and manufacturers the most economically priced services for an invention to be design, developed, engineered and packaged. In layman's terms, "The most bang for the buck". If you are a former client you should price out our services with other product design and development companies. You will find that most charge 3 to 4 times in excess of our standard fees.

Your accusations of referring to our company as a "sleezbags and liar artists" are false, misleading and, simply put, not possible. Our brochures, affirmative disclosure notice, American Inventors Protection Act notice and written service offer agreements are extremely informative and clear. Unfortunately, we must now consider our legal position and contemplate taking legal action against you in the state of Pennsylvania. From your statements you are subject to intentionally publishing false and defamatory information intending to cause the company harm. You have left us no choice but to instruct you to remove all your posts or a lawsuit will be filed.

Our 250-plus staff-members, and the families they support, don't deserve to be mistreated by you. You have 48 hours to remove all posts. If you choose not to remove the posts, expect to be served with a lawsuit. Attempting to hide behind anonymous posts will not help you. Complaintsboard.com can expect to be served with a subpoena that will require them to release your email and IP addresses and any other contact information they may have in their records. Complaintsboard.com subjects its posters to all legal liabilities for defamation. You may read their policy at https://www.complaintsboard.com/legal-information.html <https://www.complaintsboard.com/legal-information.html> . Note, that paragraph 3 of the Terms of Use for Complaintsboard.com require you to pay its legal fees. (https://www.complaintsboard.com/terms-conditions.html)

30th of Mar, 2015

Submitted the Idea, paid 550 USD with the promise that they will produce a presentation to send to potential investor, never heard about. If you have an Idea it is time to use Kickstarter! The person in charge of our account is Eric Champagne, I will personally crash a bottle of champagne in his forehead! one day...

• Ri
      23rd of Dec, 2015

I hired them and didnt get nothing was suppose to get a portfolio and didnt get that either!! Now to the story !! I worked on this project for several years and hired them and 18 months later my fishing buddy calls me and my invention was being sold and the store !! Pissed off but now working on another one but dont know what to do with it so I can not get ripped off again !!!

• Br
      10th of Mar, 2018

Gary Humes screwed me on my idea. Took $695, in return I got a white binder w/ printed search results of various websites. It was clearly a binder that was generic for everyone. And then they inserted my idea in a few places to make it look like it was my person design portfolio or brochure. They use fear tactics and their typical response when you question them is to shame you on how dumb you are to think that your idea can just be created for only $695. Even though they made it sound like it could. Sure Gary explained that more money would eventually be needed, but that is what they were there for. That they had the connections to get them funded etc... It was all Hog wash to try and get more money from me. I was so upset and broke at the time. Gary screwed me out of money around 2008. I was a hopeful dreamer with many more great ideas. Sure enough my idea was already invented in the 60s, I was just so young and inexperienced to know. yet Gary kept leading on as if it was innovative and new. Yea the industry is tough to manifest a new product/invention, but seriously you are way better off just doing it yourself. You will learn more about how to do this watching Shark Tank, opposed to sending these clowns any money. I have thrown away and deleted any incriminating evidence against them, but glad to find this site, and sad to see this company still screwing people. Good Luck inventors.

• Sh
      13th of Sep, 2018

$13, 000+ taken by Davison and our idea ends up on Shark Tank by a teenager after many months of being stonewalled. And now it's going retail. I have proof and I want justice.