Cymax / poor customer service

1 Garden Grove, CA, United States

This is regarding order # VRC121-[protected] for a Student Desk with Hutch that was placed with Cymax on Order Date: 9/17/2017 1:27:16 PM. This order was received on 9/25/2017 - Monday 11:43 am. However, the bottom edge of the desk was damaged. It was hardly noticeable when placed on the floor. I filed a report with pictures though regarding this damage on 09/27/17. I was told there would be a replacement.
My son really loved this desk though, and instead of going through the trouble to return it thought we would go ahead and keep it. However, the hutch that comes with the desk is not functional and is made poorly. There is no way to use a computer on the desk with the hutch in place. The low shelf on the hutch interferes with a lap top computer. Therefore, I called the company back on October 17th and said we would like to keep the desk but send back the hutch.
The customer service representative proceeded to inform me that they could not do this as it is sold together. Even though I pointed out that on the website it is sold as a desk alone or desk with hutch. Therefore, there should be a way for me to return just the hutch and minus the cost of the desk. I was then told again that the whole thing needed to be returned.

I am writing this complaint to let Cymax know my displeasure at such poor Customer Service. That the company would rather loose money over the purchase than to just return the hutch. To the point where I will no longer be doing business with Cymax as they do not know how to provide qualilty service.
I've since returned the furniture and am waiting for my refund. However, I've re-ordered the desk from another company and given them my money instead.

Sincerely,