cyberlink / Customer Support

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Earlier this year I replaced my oldest hard drive as a safety precaution with a Seagate 2 Tb and moved software downloads, registration documents and anything of importance on to it with the intention of further backups on to DVD, I had only backed up photo’s, video’s and music to DVD when my new hard drive failed after only 6 weeks, I lost everything else on it as it was un-repairable. Seagate replaced it immediately with one made in Taiwan it had been one of a batch made in China as flooding or bad weather had wiped out production in the usual Seagate plant. I have recently managed to get most of my software back and also the registrations due to great support from principled software manufacturers and retailers with one exception Cyberlink who basically say “unless you purchase a 12 month extended download option for each and every program you purchase” then after 30 days you’ve basically shot it. Until recently when I went on the Cyberlink site looking for updates for my Cyberlink programs a little badge at the top of the page shone out “Platinum Member” which was an indication of the Hundreds of pounds I had wasted on this selfish, petulant company, but never again, customer support just does not exist at Cyberlink it’s just a couple of words in a menu.

Jo
Oct 9, 2014

Comments

• Ro
      8th of Feb, 2010
    cyberlink - extra charge
    Robert McClellan
    937 East 29th Ave
    Spokane
    Washington
    Phone: 509-475-4889

I ordered an upgrade from CyberlinkDVD, Order confirmation for order #6008835916 for Total: $39.63 on Feb 7, 2010. There was another order for $32.56 added to my credit card today that I did not authorize from the same company. I am disputing this charge.

• Hu
      27th of May, 2016

Based on a former experience and the current one, I find these people to be most unreliable and untrustworthy. Tjeir support links never work, and once you set an acoount, they send you an email, stating that you don't one, and need to obtain one...in other words, they aren't worth fooling with.
    Unfortuantely, I happen to have one of their products installed on my Toshiba lap, and I wish Toshiba would drop them. All they want is more money for upgrades and new drivers, but offer ZERO support. I am looking for a better solution, and not with these folks.