CyberDefender / Fraudulent charge for service not rendered
My Dad's computer was stuck in "Power Saving Mode". He couldn't get out of it because the battery on his wireless mouse had run out. (I discovered this AFTER what I'm describing here.)
He was tricked into contacting CyberDefender for help about being stuck in Power Saving Mode --- they told him he had a hard disk problem, and charged him $229.95.
In fact, he did NOT have a hard disk problem, just a dead mouse-battery.
I called CyberDefender for a refund of the $229.95. After several call-transfers, someone said they would submit my request to "Management" for approval of the refund.
I'm not hopeful that the refund is actually going to happen, given all the complaints about CyberDefender I have been reading.
In any case, the problem-solving information they gave my Dad was totally erroneous and completely useless.
More CyberDefender Complaints & Reviews
- CyberDefender - Don't use 
- CyberDefender - scam 
- CyberDefender - Can not uninstall from pc/do not need 
- CyberDefender - SCAM and illegal practices 
- CyberDefender - cannot uninstall, installed a toolbar without asking 
- CyberDefender - Unauthorized charge
- CyberDefender - Stay away
- CyberDefender - AntiVirus Software 
- CyberDefender - RIPOFF! 
- CyberDefender - Did not finish job