CyberDefender / Fraudulent charge for service not rendered

1 CA, United States Review updated:

My Dad's computer was stuck in "Power Saving Mode". He couldn't get out of it because the battery on his wireless mouse had run out. (I discovered this AFTER what I'm describing here.)
He was tricked into contacting CyberDefender for help about being stuck in Power Saving Mode --- they told him he had a hard disk problem, and charged him $229.95.
In fact, he did NOT have a hard disk problem, just a dead mouse-battery.
I called CyberDefender for a refund of the $229.95. After several call-transfers, someone said they would submit my request to "Management" for approval of the refund.
I'm not hopeful that the refund is actually going to happen, given all the complaints about CyberDefender I have been reading.
In any case, the problem-solving information they gave my Dad was totally erroneous and completely useless.

Comments

• Ka
      22nd of Mar, 2011

They tried three times to work on my PC to no avail. My link kept failing but after many calls and emails they have not refunded my money $129.89...they even told me I would have to pay them that sum two more times and it would be taken from my credit card.