Custom Silk Creations / Frustration and aggravation

I have been dealing with this company since February 22, 2009, when I placed an order for a 20 pc wedding flower set. It has been nothing but aggravation, frustration and ruined wedding dreams since day one. She does NOT return phone calls or emails. I was promised a picture of my flowers on or before March 29th. When I never received the picture, I started calling and emailing on a regular basis. When I did get in touch with a receptionist, all I got were excuses...one after another. Weather, family emergencies, swamped with orders, etc. Finally on April 14th, I contacted a newspaper in her town. Not only did I get the information for the Attorney General in PA but a reporter called Custom Silk Creations. Later that day, I received my very first email from CSilkC...an email telling me that she has canceled my order and would refund my money in 7-10 days. This is 50 days before my wedding and after I waited 7 weeks for her to deliver her flowers. Her website states 4-6 weeks from start to finish yet after 7 weeks I still had nothing, no flowers, no picture of the bouquet...NOTHING. Now I am receiving emails from her calling me names and being very unprofessional. I have filed complaints with the Attorney Generals office and with the BBB of Pennsylvania. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CUSTOM SILK CREATIONS. SHe is a rip off, she promises so much yet fails to deliver. She causes undue stress for brides. She is unprofessional and not worth the time or trouble. BEWARE DO NOT USE CUSTOM SILK CREATIONS!!!

La
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Me
      25th of May, 2009

I had the same problems with her, my wedding was in December, I didn't get any flowers, she emailed and said she canceled my order in August of last year and promised a refund and I never ever received a refund. I also filed a complaint with the BBB, never heard anything in return.

• Gl
      18th of Jun, 2009

I had similar troubles. I placed an order in March and emailed her a very detailed list and description of what I wanted. She called two weeks later to say I would have a picture of my bouquet by April 15. My wedding was June 14th, and I didn't get the picture until June 2nd, after numerous phone calls that were either unanswered or not returned. I also emailed her several times and it took her days to reply if she even did. When I finally got my flowers on Wednesday (3 days before my wedding) they were all wrong. The bridesmaids bouquets were supposed to be white and yellow roses, but they were white and red. They were wearing green dresses - the red roses would have made it look like Christmas!! I was supposed to have an arrangement of white roses to put in a vase - instead I got a kissing ball - no how is that supposed to go in a vase? I didn't get the headpieces for the flower girls. And I asked for garland in red, yellow, and white. I didn't get the red. Needless to say, I ended up redoing what I received with other flowers that I bought, and everyone complemented on how much better my version looked. They thought her flowers were horrible. And her customer service sucks!!! DO NOT use her for your flowers or you will have a nightmare!!!

• Am
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Ditto on your complaints - I also ordered at the beginning of year to have flowers by April and when I kept questioning her by email, all I got was sarcasm. Better I found out now than a month or two before the wedding. I have gone elsewhere. Susan Ketchum of Custom Silk Creations is a very big ripoff, scam, con artist and I believe she changed her name last January due to the numerous complaints under her old name...which is why not too many complaints showed up when we researched her before we ordered. What goes around...comes around.

• Sh
      25th of Jan, 2010

i had went through with ordering flowers with susan and i just have to say im sorry that it didnt work out for some of you. Susan was really nice to me she helpd me out alot and answered all of my emails with in three hours or less. also i got the flowers three days after she said she had shipped it, they were great !!!

• Ki
      11th of Aug, 2009

I've posted our own experience with them. Larry, I'd like to know how you managed to get your money back. How does one contact the people you used so efficiently. My son and his fiancee are in minimum wage jobs and can ill-afford this. They've lost their money and received no flowers. And being Canadian residents I don't think we'll ever see one dime. I'm glad this website is here for those of us who like to check on a company before dealing with them any further.

• De
      19th of Nov, 2009

I am in the same boat as you and she is so rude. have you got any where with the attorney general?a ll i want is my money back. my wedding was june 13 2oo9

• Un
      30th of Mar, 2010

Shannon you seem to be one of the lucky ones.

I dealt with Susan 2 years ago. I still have not received my flowers or my refund that I was told I would get when she sent my flowers to Australia instead of Canada.