Culligan Water Conditioning / snotty and rude

United States Review updated:

Stopped at my local Culligan store. Asked about purchasing a new part which I had with me. Store manager said that a man would have to come out and check the whole softener. I said the softener is getting old and I did not want to put alot of money back into it with the sevice call and everything. He then suggested that all the cost done could be put towards a new one if we decided not to fix it. I then asked him what the part would cost? He said "*** I don't know". He then asked when the last time was that they looked at it? So he went to the file and then went on how we have had it for 20 yrs. and it should be looked at and also our water needs to be tested. I asked again, "how much for the part?" He said again "***, I don't know. I'll have to look it up on the computer." He finally came back and said it would be 30 some dollars for the part and another $20.00 for his time. I asked, "are you serious?" He said, you bet I am serious!. I set the part on the counter and walked out. Will never have any dealings with Culligan again!!!

To

Comments

• Tx
      25th of Feb, 2010

Most Culligan dealerships are run this way. Just curious what location did this to you? You should find out if it was a corporate owned store or a local franchise. If it was a corporate owned store I would recommend calling and filing a complaint with the corporate offices in Rosemont, IL. Unfortunately, if it is a franchise they can pretty much do whatever they want. I have a Culligan system but I looked around for small, local water treatment companies and found many that will repair Culligan units for much cheaper or they would be happy to simply sell you a part. These big corporations think that you have no choice but to deal with them but in reality you can find a company to help you outside of a Culligan dealership. Good Luck!!