Cricket Cell Phone / sorry business practices

I was at the store in Tulsa located on Sheridan and Pine and they told me and my girl friend Mary Hewitt whom had the services with cricket that they no longer supported her phone and encouraged her to buy a new phone. We had a second phone and they switched services for us to the new phone. We then ask for a battery for the phone and they picked out the proper battery and sold us the wrong battery charger. Ended up spending $37 total when all I needed to spend was $7 at a Cricket store on 21 and Sheridan. The store whom sold us the wrong charger wouldn't even refund the money on the charger since they don't take returns on electronic devices. However they picked it up for and ensured us it was the correct charger for that phone. They were wrong and I have been had once again, thanks it was only $30 I was out all together. Next time may they just hold a gun up to me and rob me!

Comments

• Ra
      2nd of Jul, 2007

I had a terrible experience with Cricket 2707 wilmington pike 937-298-9008 Indo Johnson sales rep. I went to the store from a radio promo for a new phone deal, 39.99. I also had received a text message from Cricket that it was the last day for their special to get a free phone $50 rebate if you added a new line to your current account. When i got to the store i said which was the better deal. Due to the rebate, it was the better but you had to wait some 90 days for the rebate. So i said would add on 2 phones. I could only get 1 phone, sounded weird, but i said ok. I would like the new account special from the radio promo. She it was not for a new account but a add on that i was already getting. I had the talk to the radio people about false advertising since i new the clerk was obviously wrong and it was cleared and i got a new account and phone. The other phone was setup as an add on but come to find out they added to some other person. They requested i return the phone and they could not switch to my account. so i went down to swap phones and when they got the phone they took and refunded my money and said that was it. I said about my replacement phone. The special was over and i would have to pay full price for another phone and they said the mistake was not their fault. They said i had mentioned getting the other phone on my girl friend's account and that must be who the other account must belong to. Which it was not. So lesson learned is if you go to cricket store make sure it is an corporate store who be accountable for their actions. They also had given me all the account info in the printout that i didn't notice and i said i have all this information to prove i could not given the information to you. Still no budge and i'm stuck losing on the special.

• Ju
      14th of Aug, 2009
    Cricket Cell Phone - customer service sucks
    Cricket
    Virginia
    weebly.com

They sent me a phone and the back cover, that covers the battery, does not match. Its for a differant brand of phone. I called everyday for 5 days and no one could help me. They keep telling me that someone from corporate will call me and no one called yet. One person told me that I will have to send the phone back to them and they send me a new one. I asked him will I get reimburse for purchase and he said 'No'. I told him that if I am sending back a phone that I am paying for postage for then I don't want another phone. I am canceling the service.

Also the first phone number they gave me was with a differant area code then where I live at. Whats up with that? Pay the extra money for a differant service. I saw that boost mobile has a $50 dollar unlimited long distance and text. And you don't have to worry about the roaming bull that cricket has.

• Gu
      11th of Mar, 2010
    Cricket Cell Phone - customer service
    Cricket Cell Phone
    Phoenix
    Arizona

I've had the same cricket cell phone for over 6 years. I don't need a special phone just a way for people to get a hold of me or me them. Over the past month I have had nothing but problems with my cricket phone, from dropped calls to not getting calls at all. My bill came so I called from my cricket phone a few days before it was due and found a zero balance. Wtf? I called the next day and found a zero balance again. If I pay by credit card cricket charges a $2.00 fee to process it. The total bill would be $2.00. Wtf? I called customer support 1-800-cricket and started asking questions from someone in the philippines about my bill, they hung up on me. I called again and got another person of asian decent and asked them to look up my bill. They placed me on hold for 15 minutes and the call was eventually dropped. Lol cricket, you guys suck. People in the usa are willing to work for less than minimum wage and you go out of the country for your call center support. Ha ha you deserve to fail if you treat valued customers that way.

Lol

• 72
      23rd of Mar, 2010

I suggest going into a Full service store or agent and they can help you get this resolved. I know it takes time from your day but in the long run you may get good service.

• Hy
      26th of Mar, 2010

I agree...the whole outfit sux. Their broad-band is even more pathetic. They lie to you to sell you a substandard product, and offer substandard service. They are a damn disgrace. No signal...when you do get one...it drops. Customer service must be in India somewhere. Does anyone care about consumers anymore? Screw them, I cancelled after one day and got my cash back.

• 72
      27th of Mar, 2010

I use the internet service and it works for me where I am. It is cheaper than what I was paying and I have att and well they drop calls just as much. It took me one day 5 trys to get a 10 min conversation out with the same person. Had to keep calling back and this was with att. They all will have dropped calls. It isn't perfect. No one is. Just try them is all you can do. Good luck with your service choice.

• Do
      1st of Jul, 2010

I canceled cricket phone service in may of this year. you keep charging my visa account. in fact you just charged me yesterday June 30. please reimburse my visa account the amount you charged.or I will call my visa account now and reverse it. Dorothy Summers my cricket phone number was 936 333 0247. Dorothy Summers

• Do
      1st of Jul, 2010

take your charge you just made off my visa account. Dorothy Summers

• Mr
      19th of Aug, 2010

Come join my Facebook site and together we can get our money back. Copy and paste URL below.

• Am
      29th of Sep, 2010

yes i agree all above comment.