Cricket Broadband / no rebate check, like advertised

1 Apache Junction, AZ, United States Review updated:

I have been trying to contact cricket to get my $50, 00 rebate check, the phone# thats on my invoice has been disconnected, I have found another phone# on the back of the invoice and called it, it's all recordings that does not help me in any way, so I called that number back and pushed 1 for new service, then I could finally talk to a person, and explained my situation, all they could do is give me a number that has been disconnected or the same number that is a recording that does not help me, I went to the cricket store, and that person could not help me at all, all she could do is give me the same number that I have already called, I asked the person at the cricket store if she could disconnect my service, and she can't even do that, people that were waiting in line told me to just leave the store, because they had to wait too long, as i'm getting ready to leave, she told me, just don't pay your bill, I see that i'm not the only person that's having problems with cricket,

De

Comments

• Ca
      5th of Mar, 2009

Do not connect a magic jack 2 your pc using cricket broadband the reception is terrible.

• To
      8th of Apr, 2009

Please copy / Paste this all over the internet, numbers can be powerful persuaders ...

Somewhere along the road to Free Market Capitalism, Schmucks-In-Suits decided to insulate themselves from the public/consumers they rip off. The solution to that is simply print out & fax, snail mail MOUNTAINS of individual complaints directly to the offices of the parent company, as well as including the "copy correspondence" caveat @ the bottom of said page showing that YOUR Legislator is receiving the same notification. This will cause the Unholy Pair of them to sit up & take notice that The Barbarians Are indeed At The Gate ...

Leap Wireless (wholly owns Cricket)
    Headquarters
    10307 Pacific Center Court
    San Diego, California 92121
    Tel: 858-882-6000
    Fax: 858-882-6010

Delightful Mischief

• Sl
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I ordered the usb broadband. I got it and they charged me saletax on full amount of $180 when i only paid $50 for usb and $25 for activation. I should have paid sales tax on $75 (50+25) They told me they will not fix that. I should wait till I get the usb modem and then call. I called and they told me that they can not adjust that. I have to go to local corporate store. I will go there to see what they say. This Cricket Company really really sucks. All they want is your money. I had phone with them and disconnected that as well. Now even before I try their broadband i am facing problems. After reading NO REBATE CHECK from CRICKET from many people. I am not sure what to do. They give you first month free to try but activation is what you stuck with $25. Why no other company would do that. Cincinnati Bell will refund every penny you pay them if you bring the phone back and would not say anything if you used upto 30 minutes of time as well. The Cricket seems like a third world company. They need to do business outside of USA. Texas based companies are rude another example is Tiger Direct .com.

• Rh
      13th of Oct, 2009

IVE BEEN WITH CRICKET FOR 5 MONTHS MY PHONE THAT I HAD PEOPLE COULD HARDLY HEAR ME ON THE OTHER LINE. ALSO THE TEXTING WAS SLOW. PEOPLE DIDNT GET MY TEXT UNTIL DAYS LATER. i WENT BACK TO THE STORE AND BOUGHT ANOTHER PHONE, THE SALES PERSON TOLD ME THAT I COULD GET A MAIL IN REBATE FOR $50.00. TODAY I GOT A FORM FROM CRICKET THAT SAYS THAT MY CRICKET REBATE WAS DECLINED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON. mY CRICKET WAS ACTIVATED OUTSIDE OF THE VALID DATES FOR THIS OFFER. i AM REALLY DISGUSTED ABOUT THIS AND I WOULDNT ADVISE ANY ONE TO GO WITH CRICKET. THEY ARE LIARS AND SCAMMERS. AND MY FRIENDS THAT HAD CRICKET, DIDNT PAY THERE BILL AND ARE NOW WITH BOOST MOBLE MUCH BETTER COMPANY AND BETTER SERVICE.

• De
      5th of Dec, 2009

Cricket company are scam artist and liars.
    I waited my 45 days after sending in my rebate and then waited 30 more days for them to send it.
    After not receiving it I called and they said it was sent back, so I called my local post office and they stated they never received it.
    I called cricket and they said they would resend it.
    I have been waiting another 30 days and they have not sent anything.
    That is 45 days plus 2 months and nothing.
    I am not paying my bill because they owe me money, I will just go with another service provider.
    Cricket company can go screw themselves.

• Sh
      15th of May, 2010

well after reading all this stuff im not gonna hold my breath on getting that freakin 50.00 rebate check freaking cricket .now im [censor] outta luck with my house cell phone wireless and [censor] luck thanks alot cricket youy [censor]in [censor]s

• St
      21st of Aug, 2010

Well I see that these were posted awhile ago but you wont be surprised to know that Cricket is still up to these antics. I just checked my rebate status on a broadband modem and they claim I bout it out of the deal range. Their website has current and past offers and it clearly states that i purchased my modem and sent off the rebate info well within the range. This complaint will be sent to the BBB. Such a rip off. Why would the associate even tell me about the rebate unsolicited and give me all the forms if it wasnt a valid offer? Because it was! Recently went in to pay my bill and once they have you as a customer, the service quality drop dramitically!