Crescent Bank & Trust / They're rude

Cresent bank employees are very rude and unprofessional. They call and talk to you as if your nobody, quick to threaten you with repo... And keep an eye on your credit report they will report you late when your not. They put a hold on my acct so I could not pay my bill so they can repo it. When you make your payment they will not process it until the 30 th day mark so you can get extra finance chrgs.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      17th of Jul, 2008

THEY ARE VERY RUDE & YOU CANT TRUST THEM!

9th of Aug, 2008

Sounds like bull-oney to me, if you would pay over the phone or by wire transfer that wouldn't happen

• Jl
      9th of Aug, 2008

Sounds like a bunch of low-life to me. Yes you deserve to be spoken to like the excuse making idiotic wanna-be con artist that you really are.

• Me
      24th of Oct, 2008

Okay, now I'm worried. I just purchased a car in July and this is the loan company they gave me. My interest rate was not as ridiculous as one of the complainees on this site, but I received a call from Crescent Bank saying that my online bill payment option with my bank was refused by their bank. I checked my account (which showed it as paid) and they claim they have still not received it and kept verifying my address and work address several times. I was trying to see if they had a website where I could make payments from now on when I came across this site. I finally went to the Western Union and sent them a payment and decided I would just be a month ahead in fear that they would just show up and drag my car off. Can they do that if you are less than 30 days behind?

• Va
      8th of Jan, 2009

I am having major problems with this bank also. They are horrible and nasty and rude. And I am not late on any payment. The rude people in those other comments must be the idiots that work there. No one there knows what they are doing, they are very unorganized. They should be shut down. I filed a complaint with the BBB and /link removed/

• Do
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I would really love someone to look into this bank. My loan recently was transferred to this bank do to my on time payments. Every since it was transferred I can't ever seem to get in contact with the lady handling my loan. Every time I call I get a voice machine. On 4/3/09 I called to pay my loan with a friends check. They said I could not do that so I said fine and hung up the phone. I called back 30 seconds later and asked to talk with Starr Varela because I wanted to know what was going on with my loan and this bank. The person who answered the phone was the same guy I spoke with the first time.He told me she wasn't there, so I ask him who do I need to talk to because every time I call I can never talk to anyone directly who knows what is going on with my loan. He tells me to have a nice day then he hangs the phone up in my face. I still wasn't able to pay my bill. I looked them up on Rip-Off.com and this has happened to a lot of people. They can't seem to get in contact with anyone to pay there loan and the next thing you know there vehicle is repo. I want to make sure that this bank isn't scamming people who are trying to pay off loan, just so they can take people's vehicle.

• Lo
      29th of Jun, 2009

they are a very hard company to deal with first 15 days behind they are beating on your door!!! the day the second note comes due they sent out repo man!! then to keep your vehicle you have to pay the two full payments late fees and the tow driver like $300 for coming out!!! the first time i had the money and paid it!!! the 2nd time my car tore up and i didnt have any extra after i fixed it! and my car note was $400 a month well the day the 2nd note came due the repo man was at my door at 7am beating on it like someone died!!! they took my car and i called begging and crying try to work out arrangments to keep it cause i only owed 11 months on this 60 month loan that hat 20% interest rate and they wanted 1850.00 and they gave me 7days to get it because on the 7th day it was up for auction well i didnt get the money and my cars gone!!! never heard another word from them 9 months later they sent me a letter out the blue to file with my taxes saying i had a account with them that had a balance of 3601.00 but was closed due to default!!! and i no the auctioned my car for more then that but ive never heard from them again and its been a exactly a year!!! so they wanted half of what was owed($1800) for 2 payments and then i would still be paying the 400 a month!!! i dont recommend this company they are rude and to think this was at a time that a hurricane came thru here and every company you can think of was extending payments helping out and the news would say everyday about how you can get financial help from your lendors during this time due to the hurricane but not me and i lost the 7000 i put down the 3000 rebate and all the money i paid in payments and late charges plus the day before the took it i had to put in a new fuel pump $400 and then a friend charged $60 to put it in!!!and battery almost $100

21st of Aug, 2009

This company is ridiculous. I was late with them ONE TIME over the course of my loan, got down to my LAST PAYMENT and they reported that I still owed OVER $2, 000 - FOR LATE FEES and TWO repossession fees! My car was NEVER repossessed. It was never more than 33 days late and that was ONE time. When I refused to pay, they sent an UNLICENSED Repossession company onto my property to pick up the car (luckily, my daughter was away at college with it), the UNLICENSED repo-man was carrying a firearm ON PRIVATE PROPERTY, and his business card stated he was a "Private Investigator" - again, I checked the state licensing board and he MOST CERTAINLY was not licensed. This company is IRREPUTABLE and should be shut down.

• Ka
      2nd of Nov, 2009

I too have had bad experiences with this company. I was 4 days late with my payment and they repossessed my car. When i called to find out how to get it back they tell me it was repossessed because of late fees. My car payment is $500. After all of the fees and repo charges i ended up paying over $1100 to get my car back. I have asked several times for an explanation of these fees and have never recieved anything. After refusing to pay these fees they have left me alone. I am in the process of refinancing my car with my credit union so that this will never happen again. I recommend others do the same.

• Lg
      7th of Nov, 2009

Cresent Bank & Trust is a horrible company to deal with. Trina Field and her supervisor Karen and another lady named Diva are the most ignorant people I have ever dealt with in my life. My spouse is the VA hospital suffering from PTSD and not receiving any pay and I tried to work something out with them but they were very uncooperative. They were very rude everytime I spoke with them. My car salesman even called them and asked them to work with me to no avail. You would think they would want to make every effort to get their money which I was willing to do and instead they repossessed my vehicle and won't work out any deals with me to get it back. My other loan company was very generous when I explained my situation but Cresent is a rip off. Now they can keep that car and take a loss on the loan because I will have to claim bankruptcy and they will be removed off my credit and I will get a fresh new start when my husband is well again.

• Ni
      11th of Nov, 2009

Not going into a long drawn out story but simply put I called Crescent Bank and Trust to find out how to submit a payment towards my principle and this is when they informed me that they did not receive my April payment. Hello, it is November. Unfortunately I paid by money order and who knows where the receipt is so I digress. When asked could they send me a statement they said flat out NO because I have bankruptcy on my credit. I explained that I did not file the vehicle under bankruptcy but was told that it did not matter. My account was sold to Crescent in April, go figure

20th of Jan, 2010

This is a horrible company, very rude and unprofessional. I made a December payment and the day after that they called stating that my november payment was not payed and that i couldn't make a payment by check anymore. Yet, i look at my bank account and the check that i wrote had went threw. Then I call and they transfer you to all different people telling you different things. I finally got a so called supervisor that was rude and he asked all types of questions, but didn't allow me to answer any as if he was my father or something. He told me i had to make a payment by four that evening or they were coming to pick the car up...little do they know its in the shop, so what use is it doing...i hung the phone up in his face.

7th of Feb, 2010

I payed nearly two years straight $140 extra over my regular payment and never heard a word out of them. I started having financial problems and ending up getting a divorce among other things going on and started to pay my regular payments. I eventually got behind because I was down to one income in the household and was left with all the loans and extra bills to pay and I started getting calls asking when could I pay the note because I was 30 days behind. I explained the situation to them, but some people act like they haven't had any rough patches in their lives and they seem like robots. I mentioned to them you never called me when I payed $140 over my regular monthly payment, but I get behind and now were talking repo. I don't understand, what ever happened to helping those who do try to help themselves. I never asked for anyone to be simpthetic, just care!!! Because it could happen to you!!!

• Dr
      14th of Feb, 2010

I also have had a bad experience with this bank, I was making my payments on time and never was late. I lost my job back in 2009 and was having a hard time paying car notes and other bills. I explain to them my situation and they still didnt care, they was only concern on when I'm going make my next payment. I was with a Finance company before and the Finance company sold my account to this bank. I do not like this bank, they are rude and very loss. They do not care about you, especially when you are not able to make you're payments. I had an representative that would call me every month to see when I will be making a payment. I would inform him on when the payment would be made, the next month my car was repo. I did not get a letter or verbal warning from them saying that my car will be repo. They just sent someone out to tow my car away, in a way I'm glad. Because I dont have to be bothered with these ignored, dumb ### people again.

3rd of Mar, 2010

cresent bank sucks

• Al
      4th of Mar, 2010

I have been making payments for 2 years now and am constantly calling to have my statement mailed to me monthly so i could keep up with the payoff amount. I still have yet to receive any statement & are telling me that even if i dont receive a statement that i need to make a payment anyways. I just dont understand how these people are still in buisness.

• Pa
      3rd of Apr, 2010

It is to my understanding that this company is a "second chance" type of financial institution. The kind of company that lends money to people with horrible credit whether it's due to bankruptcy or just plain mismanagement of money.

My suggestion? Read your contract before signing it. You should have full knowledge of what you're putting your name to. And make your payments on time. Remember, if your credit wasn't horrific in the first place, you wouldn't have to be placed with a bank that's trying to give you a second chance to straighten out the mess you got yourself in to.

• Ke
      7th of Apr, 2010

The "IDIOTS" that are commenting on people making payments on time or the Second Chance issues are people that work for Cresent Bank I found that out through someone that works there. You all have a right to say what you feel as they do also. Those of us who know the facts about how we have tried to do the right thing with this bank and pay on time unless some hardship came about have been dealing with this bank in fear of losing our vehicles. So to you STUPID people making IGNORANT comments like pay on time or second chance. Just make sure you always pay on time and PRAY you never fall behind in anything. Thats if you haven't before. Its easy to say or write something if we don't know the truth about your lives. Keep living and the things you are saying about everyone of us will come back to you. (Boomerang Effect). KEEP LIVING !!!

• 50
      30th of Jun, 2010

These people at cresent bank are so stupid and rude, they need their [censor] kicked

• Lo
      16th of Sep, 2010

THEY DID ME TH SAME WAY-RUDE, UNPROFESIONAL, & JUST DOWN RIGHT UGLY. NOT ONLY DID THEY TALK MEAN & THREATEN REPO, THEY CURRENTLY HAVE MY CAR LISTED ON MY CREDIT REPORT AS "REPOSSESSED"-NEED I SAY THAT I'M IN POSSESSION OF THE VEHICLE AND CURRENT ON THE PAYMENTS. JEFFERY MADDOX IS THE LAZIEST AND MOST UNPROFESSIONAL PERSON ON EARTH. HE LEAVES ME VOICEMAILS CONSTANTLY AS WELL AS MY MOTHER SEVERAL TIMES A DAY DEMANDING PAYMENTS BEFORE THE DEADLINE. AND YOU CAN HEAR HIM BREATHING HEAVILY, WHILE TRYING TO SIT UP IN HIS CHAIR ANSD EVEN SOMETIMES EATING WHILE LEAVING THE MERSSAGES. JUST NASTY! THEY ALSO CHECKED MY CREDIT REPORT IN ATTEMPTS TO GET UPDATED INFORMATION WHICH IS AGAINST THE LAW ACCORDING TO EQUIFAX. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK AGAIN NOR WOUDL I RECOMMED THAT ANYONE ELSE DOES...