Cox Communications / in demand movie rental refund

I had purchased a movie for 3.99 on-demand through cox, doing so I am allowed access to the movie for 24 hours, however at mid-night my account fell past due and the access was not granted due to in-demand disconnected itself. When I called in and asked that they either refund the money I spent or allow me to repurchase at no charge once I paid the bill they have refused. Needless to say this 3.99 purchase became a heated debit that caused me to threaten to disconnect all service (high speed internet and digital cable) but this supv was very politely said he will set up the disconnect. Over 3.99 a customer with a monthly rate of 150.00 all I want is to be refunded the charge of the movie or even half the charge since I lost the purchase due to the in-demand disconnects itself on a past due. I can't understand how he represents the company and will disconnect a customer over 3.99

Comments

Em
  6th of Oct, 2007

When making a complaint, it would be nice if you gave all the information, and not leave out the stuff that makes you seem like the bad guy.

Your EOD service will not be shut off as soon as your account goes past due. It happens when you get interrupted for nonpayment, weeks (sometimes months depending on your area) after your account goes past due.

How many warnings did you get for your interruption? 3? 4? I'd be surprised if it was any less.

If you are told your service is going to get shut off for non payment, why did you not use your free time to call in and pay your bill, rather than order a movie that you knew was going to be interrupted?

That supervisor did the right thing by agreeing to disconnect your service when you asked. How much you pay monthly quickly becomes irrelevant when you never actually pay it.

Gl
  26th of Jul, 2008

I agree with the reply, your on demand service is the first affected when your account is past due. If you want your services to work, pay your bill.

Ki
  30th of Nov, 2010

You were not disconnected over a 3.99 on demand charge. This company has one of the longest grace periods I have ever seen. Sometimes it is more than three months before they interrupt service. You were disconnected because you don't pay your bill.