Cottman Transmission Centers / Rip off company

I have heard a lot of good reviews about Cottman Transmission Center Many people say that it is the best they came across. I wouldn't say so. After hearing the good reviews I thought of trying them out but I had made a terrible mistake by doing that.

The experience I and my family had with Cottman has been worse than expected. We never thought that they would be one of those rip off companies but after this experience we realized how wrong we were. We had given our car in for a transmission service. The car was not ready on the day they had promised to give it back. Not only that they day we got the car back it was not cleaned after their service. They had left all the stains and grease as it was. There was grease on the door the dash board the windshield and also on the steering wheel. Moreover the car had 20 miles more than what it was when we dropped it off there for service. I would not recommend Cottman to anyone for anything.

Ve

Comments

• Se
      27th of Nov, 2007
    Cottman Transmission Center - Rude and a con game
    Cottman Transmission Center
    235 W Lancaster Ave.
    Paoli
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 610-647-8484

Want to be talked down to by a sales hack using your first name every five seconds trying to sell you a $2,000-plus new transmission whether you need it or not? No? Then go somewhere else. Don't go to Aberdeen Sunoco in Wayne either - they send people to these con men.

31st of Aug, 2009

I'm not really sure what this person is complaining about...

1) Car took longer to fix.
    Okay, did they contact you to let you know that the repairs would take longer than expected? Okay, sometimes that happens. Was there a reason (parts delay, unexpected issue once the transmission was pulled apart, etc) that was given?

2) Car dirty.
    You're right it would be nicer to have given the car back clean but sometimes this doesn't even happen when I bring my car to the car dealer.

3) 20 miles driven.
    This is a GOOD thing. It means that the shop actually test drove the car to be sure that it was fixed correctly.

The poster doesn't even say which Cottman he brought his car to.

There is something a little phoney about the posting.

• Ra
      18th of Nov, 2009

I agree with the comments made by another person. Test drive explains 20 miles, especially if they test drove it before and after the repairs were done.

8th of Feb, 2015

Cottman Transmission is a total Scam! The 20 miles was to the junk yard where the bought the $200 transmission that they charged you $2300 for!!! This entire company should be out of business especially the stores in North Carolina owned by Fred Bowen!!