Costco.com / think again before ordering anything through costco.com!

I ordered a bedroom set online at Costco.com on 11 Aug 06. The website promised 4-6 weeks for delivery. My credit card was charged on 11 Aug for $3,727.48. I received an email on 24 Aug 06 stating that my furniture was shipped on 23 Aug 06 but I cannot check the status of delivery. Then six weeks passed without hearing anything about my furniture. I called Costco.com and was told that Costco.com had to check with the delivery company because they cannot check the status of delivery themselves. After two more phone calls to Costco.com customer service and two phone calls with the delivery company I found out that my furniture needed to be repaired before delivery. I did not pay a full price to buy repaired furniture so I cancelled the order.

I was told that it will take 7-10 days to before I receive my refund. Waited 10 days but did not receive a refund and did not receive any phone call from Costco.com for the status of my refund. I called Costco.com again and was told that it took 7 days for them to get an authorization from the delivery company so they need another week before I can get my money back. One more week went by without my money and any update from Costco.com. I called again on a Friday and was told that they never received an authorization from the delivery company and the refund section was not open that day but he will send them an email requesting to expedite my claim. I sent them an email requesting an immediate return of my money and my intention to file a formal complaint. The weekend went by but still no phone call or refund received next Monday. I called again on Tuesday. I was told that the refund section was not in Monday either but they will send another email to the refund section. I asked for a supervisor and was told that a supervisor will call me back. I did receive a call back from a supervisor that day (Tuesday) and she told me that she will escalate this situation and will give me a call back as soon as it gets resolved. No more phone calls that day. No phone calls on Wednesday either.

Now it’s Thursday 26 Oct 06. I’ve been without my money ($3,727.48) for a day short of 11 weeks, never received my furniture, and close to no customer service from Costco.com.

What I learned from this experience:

1) Never again order furniture through Costco.com.
2) Costco.com does not follow through with their promise nor do they, as a company, care how I feel or what I say.
3) Think again before ordering anything through Costco.com and consider how long I can live without my money and nothing in return for my money.

I am uncertain when, if ever, Costco.com is going to return my money and I need to find a way to get my money sooner. I still need bedroom furniture but I don’t have my money anymore.

KR
Nokesville, VA 20181

• mcintirept's Response, Jun 09, 2018

Also, Costco sells so much chicken, why can't you offer free range chicken and eggs instead? People might pay a little more if the chickens were treated in some kind of "humane" fashion.

Kr

Comments

• Al
      10th of Jul, 2007

I am complaining about money being taken out of my account with out my permission to www.everprivate.com and the amount was 54.95. I am filing a complaint and charges with this company.

• Be
      16th of Jul, 2007

I HAVE ALSO FILED A COMPLAINT AGAINST EVERPRIVATE.COM FOR TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

• Ha
      30th of Oct, 2007

I bought a Churchill 60" Entertainment Center for $1,749.99 from costco.com. It delivered without much trouble, though the tracking link was incorrect (I just figured out the correct tracking myself).

The center console arrived damaged, so I returned it with the delivery guys keeping the rest of pcs. It been a month since I returned the broken pc. Contacted costco customer care many times and they could not tell me nothing. Nothing means nothing (other than they are checking).

My guess is that their operation is in a total mess. Any one ordering expensive and bulky items will be taking chances.

You may have better luck if you take any return item to a physical store and hopefully get instant refund. Do not consider replacement, just get the refund because otherwise you may not be able track the replacement.

Also, you may want to start taking notes of dates, people and communications as you may end up taking legal course and those notes will come real handy.

• Bo
      18th of Feb, 2008

KR. Please don't waste people's time by posting illegitmate complaints. Your comments prove you are in the wrong. You would be able to see through that if you were capable of logic.

• Tt
      14th of May, 2008

*** Costco - Everett, WA **

In 2007, I had a returned check to Costco. This check was returned due to a bank error. However, I was in a car accident and three months of rehab (outside my residence). Upon getting home, I went through stacks of mail to find that I had a returned check. I immediately went to the Costco store to try to remedy it. Armed with a letter from BofA (stating return was their error) I went up to Costco to pay the check. They had turned it over to a collection agency. I told them the circumstances behind the check and why it took me six months to get up there. They still insisted I deal with the collection agency and would not recall the check back. The collection agency charged an additional $95 in fee's for the check. So, a $142 check cost me over $235 with Costco. The manager's name is Bill and apparently didn't even care or show any sensitivity towards my situation. The bank volunteered to pay the return check fee of $25 but would not pay the additional $70 in fee's. I simply asked for Costco to do the right thing. If I bounced the check due to my mismanagement, then I would take the consequences of that. But not knowing there was an issue due to stuff beyond my control only goes to show how insensitive and profit oriented this company is. Thank you Costco for victimizing me. I vow never to shop with you again. The time I lost from work due to my accident and the changes this accident has caused my life, you just added fuel to the fire.

• Er
      9th of Jun, 2017

bad order experience with Costco.ca - the Costco Canada site online order.
    Bad quality laptops, ordered, then returned, - got Costco.ca blocked, no more orders online. => away from Costco online order.

• Hg
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Food item-Berry Sunday
    Lantana
    Florida

I love shopping and then having the berry Sunday. I went this weekend only to find it's been replaced with an item that's much more expensive, that has nuts (I'm allergic) VERY disappointed as were many sitting next to me. I understand ‘change'. But then there are the basics Costco is known for at their food cours. That is one of them.

• Ro
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Litter purrfect

Please bring back litter purrfect to Costco san diego...it is the only cat liter my cat's tolerate...I don't like the strong scented Odor Control brand that they have. L litter Purrfect is perfect please bring it back

• We
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Kirkland brand Normandy blend vegetables
    Phoenix
    Arizona

I have been purchasing this item fir a few years .The last 2 or 3 times I have noticed a decline in the quality of vegetables in bag .Mostly large pieces of broccoli that are very tough .Very few cauliflower, carrots, or squash. Also noticed a change in 1 lb bags of Mass River broccoli florets - mostly stems and mashed up pieces .very disappointed

• Do
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - No longer carrying???
    Charlotte
    North Carolina

Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links
    Krusteaz pancake mix
    Ritz crackers
    Mr Yoshida marinade
    These Items don't seem to be available in Charlotte. Will they be back???????????????????????????????????????????????
    !!!
    Is there a better place to ask for items we love????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Ju
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - new yogurt at food court
    Sparks
    Maryland

I tried the new swirl, "YUCK"at the
    Sparks NV. location, even the vanilla tastes bad. Through 90% of it in the trash.
    Bring back the old standard.

• Mc
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - foodcourt
    goleta
    California

Would you please start offering a vegan option at your food courts? Pretty please.

• Mo
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Tanimura & Antle organic romaine package lettuce
    Woodland
    California

Tried many times contacting Lettuce producer and they said to contact Costco to find out if there's a recall on this food product. Can Costco answer this question? Thanks for your help.

Costco Wholesale Corporation - Carry products not tested on animals
    Winnipeg
    Manitoba
    Canada

There are now many companies producing quality products which are not tested on animals. I would interested in purchasing them at Costco but they are not available there. If Costco would like more customer loyalty, they should offer these products in their stores.

• St
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - big shoulder boneless ribs
    Fort Worth
    Texas

Horrible! He bone in ribs Costco used to offer where better than restaurants. But very disappointed with the change to Big Shoulder boneless pork ribs. Tasteless and tough. Never will buy again. Absolutely horrible.

• Me
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - anette in customer service
    Oceanside
    New York

This lady was very rude. Waiting 10 minutes unnecessarily was not pleasant & her attitude just made everything worse. Her nasty attitude does not put a good image to Costco. Not happy with my experience at all because of her. Anette was very disrespectful.

• Si
      26th of Aug, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - warranty promise and its bad support.

Bought LG refrigerator less than 2 years ago. Service tech confirmed compressor went bad. Problem resolution taking more 2 months, the problem not yet resolved. Please think about customer sufferings without such important equipment at home. NOT HAPPY WITH THE LG PRODUCT and SERVICE from Costco which they promise of service.

28th of Aug, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - kirkland canadian whiskey discontinued
    Atlanta
    Georgia

WHY?! I hope consideration is given to bringing back one of your best products. Very disappointed.
    Apparently I'm required to type 350 characters...whiskey.

• Ib
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - lunchables

Hi i bought a 6 pack of roasted turkey Lunchables and one of them the cheese was moldy I will send pictures so you can see the package and the Lunchable I bought them in Victorville California Costco
    Tracy Scott
    15799 Meseta Rd
    Victorville California

• Jd
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - dogs in stores
    Westbury and others

Get the damn dogs out of the stores! If there is a sign, it's not big enough!