Costco.com / missing lcd tv worth $1, 600.00
Costco does not arrange signed deliveries for their shipping courier. Nor do they at least have the courier leave a notice for facility pick-up irregardless of the amount of the merchandise you are buying. On their tracking it said "Delivered: Left at side door" by UPS. First off, we do not have a side door - we have a gate. Second, no UPS person rang the bell (we have 24-hour surveillance cams) on the day they said it was delivered.
Make sure before you order that you know your ship to address will have somebody waiting for UPS (or any other Costco.com courier) during their delivery hours - which has an 8 hour time frame. Or have a hole large enough to fit the item through. Otherwise, it will be customer service hell worse than AOL or Dell.
Online orders of high value should have signed acceptance arrangements, otherwise any courier can just take the item home if there isn't any sign of anybody at home - afterall, he did say he delivered it. We can't blame it on UPS or FedEx, as everyone knows they have a stellar reputation for getting things lost, if not mangled beyond recognition. If you do want to risk online shopping, better order from a store that facilitates reasonable returns, refund or replacement.
The average customer service wait time for Costco.com is 12 minutes. The ordeal becomes harder when you get transferred, worse when it has something to do with a courier mishap - because it IS easier to point the finger than to resolve issues. I am surprised, but eBay resellers - even those with really repugnant track records - offer better customer service. Well, of course there will be plenty of cursing but then again at least you know somebody is working on fixing the problem. At Costco.com, nobody is... even if they make you think they are helping you.
More Costco.com Complaints & Reviews
- Costco - organic whole milk contains fish oil 
- Costco - using ebt card 
- Kirkland Battery - warranty on battery 
- Costco - e shield insulation 
- Costco - ridiculous policy for a change of address - rude and discrmininating customer service 
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - costcos purchasing of litter puurfect
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - tire service
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - rude, hippa law-breaking pharmacist
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - costco employee
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - Trail mix