Costa Coffee / accused of theft

1 Terminal 1 Heathrow Airport, England, Greater London, United Kingdom

On the 11/12/2009 we visted Costa Coffee Terminal 1 Heathrow aiport at about 3am in the morning. We were told the store was not open till 3.30am and could not sit down and wait. We purchased coffee and food at 3.37am and consumed them in the main concourse. My friend was flying to Brazil on a 7.30am flight and when check in opened at 6am we was in a queue waiting to book him in. An employee of Costa then appeared in fron of about 300 people and accused my other friend of stealing a flapjack from the store. We denied this showed him the bill and he went away no apology. This is nearly 3 hours fater we had supposedly stolen the flapjack !! I then contacted Costa Customer Service on the 11/12/2009 and I was assured that the Area Manager would investigate.
It is now the 12/01/2010 and still no reply.
I have contacted Costa Coffee again and they once again will pass the matter onto the Area Manager for investigation !
I suggest that if you use Costa Coffee in future beware of being accuserd of theft 3 hours after you have left the store !
Also Costa do not take their customer complaints seriously !