Costa Coffee / quality of the black forest hot chocolate

London, England, Greater London, GB

Dear Costa Coffee

Both my partner and I were in anticipation to try the Black Forest hot chocolate drinks that were advertised in the local newspapers.

We arrived at Costa Coffee based in 11-13 Golders Green Road, NW11 8HB today, Wednesday the 29th of November 2017 at approximately 14:30 and ordered two Black Forest hot chocolates.

I watched the Barista make the two drinks I ordered and noticed the fresh cream from the container she had, ran out of cream. She then stopped and placed the black forest syrup on top and placed the drinks on the tray ready for me to take to the table my partner was sitting at.

I asked the Barista if she could add more cream as it was nothing like the pictures in the advert and pointed to the posters on the wall behind her. She place a tiny extra cream and went the serve the next customer. I noticed there were also no chocolate sprinkles as also advertised in the newspapers and asked if this can also be placed on top. The Barista said there were none left.

I took the tray with the two drinks I ordered to my partner and we both were disappointed of the results of what we got compared to the expected Black Forest Hot Chocolate we were expecting from the adverts both in the local newspapers and the posters within the Costa coffee store.

I have taken a picture of the drinks we received and would like either the money back or a chance to get the Black Forest Hot Chocolate drinks we were expecting for the advertisements we have seen?

Please advise what action you will be taken to resolve this?

kind regards