Correctional Billing Services / Money stolen from credit card after i call this company to put money in account for my son to call from jail

Phone: 800-844-7591

This is the second time I call correctional billing services and put money $100.00 dollars, so my son can call me from jail and never happened, every time he tried to call it didn't go thru, when I tried to call the company is either busy or once they told me that wasn't the right place to call. Please help me, I have proof is all in my bank statements and this has to stop. I don, t have extra money to give away to a company that obviously is not giving any service to me.

Comments

• Ba
      31st of Oct, 2008

I am actually very frusterated at this point in time, i am being denied the accsess to make a payment what so ever. This would be my second payment of $50. I had previously already checked the status of my credit card and bank statment for a check. I am being denied the right to make a payment so i can talk to my loved one. They want money why dont they take mine they are taking all yours. makes me wonder, whats really going on?

• Mi
      7th of Nov, 2008

THEY R CROOKS THEY STOLE MY MONEY AS WELL. I PUT 25 FROM MY DEBIT CARD AND NOW IT DOESNT WORK MY BOYFRIEND KEEPS TRYING TO CALL ME AND IT SAYS "CREATE AN ACCOUNT"!!! NOW I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR 27 MINUTES STRAIGHT WITHOUT TALKING TO ANYONE!! WE SHOULD ALL WRITE LETTERS OF HOW DISGUSTED WE ARE...SOOOO MAD!!! IM A STRUGGLING MOTHER, AND 25 BUCKS MEANS A WHOLE LOT TO ME! AND THESE PEOPLE R THEIVES!!!

• Da
      18th of Nov, 2008

I am filing a complaint with the BBB and the County Jail that uses this services. I used this service 2 times, so my son could call me when he was arrested. The first time, I called and made payment over the phone. Nothing was expalined to me about the money expiring after 180 days. When I needed the service again 1.5 years later, I called them to get the money changed to a different phone number. They explained that I no longer have any money on the account. They said that it goes to the schools if people don't file for a refund after 180 days. I complained to no avail. I deposited more money. This time when I contacted them for a refund, they said that they would mail a check out in 3 to 5 weeks. I complained and said that this is not what their websited stated. The website stated "Refund Information

Pre-paid accounts with credit remaining on them will expire one hundred eighty (180) days from the date of the last call placed using the account. On expired accounts, no refunds will be issued after the account expiration date. Prior to expiration, full or partial refunds may be obtained. To obtain a refund on an unexpired account, please contact CBS by phone at 1-800-844-6591, by email at [protected]@correctionalbillingservices.com or by chat at www.correctionalbillingservices.com. For all Check and Credit Card transactions made by phone or website, refunds will be applied to the payment source last used. For refunds on accounts that were paid via Western Union or for payments mailed to CBS’s lockbox, a check will be mailed via regular U.S. Postal Service. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing. When paying with a personal check please be aware that a returned check charge of up to $25 may be applied for dishonored checks. Additional charges such as late payment fees may apply where applicable."
    I explained that I paid with a CC and wanted the money put back on the CC. they said that since I had used some of the money, they had to send a check. They said that they would report the website error and have it changed.
    I have had it with this company, and am filling a complaint with the BBB and county jail.

21st of Nov, 2008

SO MANY TIMES I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO MY SON, WHO IS IN JAIL, AND THE PHONE CALL WILL DROP. lAST NIGHT HE CALLED THREE TIMES AND IT CUT US OFF THREE TIMES. THEY WON'T GIVE YOU A CREDIT IF IT'S OVER SIX MINUTES. WE HAD TALKED ABOUT TEN MINUTES AND IT CUT OFF. HE CALLED BACK TWO MORE TIMES AND IT DID IT AGAIN. WE ARE TOTALLY AT THEIR MERCY. MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS IS THEIR PUNISHMENT IS BEING IN JAIL, NOT BEING DEPRIEVED OF TALKING TO THEIR FAMILY. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU PAY THE MONEY AND IT CUTS YOU OFF AFTER FIVE MINUTES. THE COST IS TOTALLY OUT OF REACH FOR ALL OF US NOW. WE DO THE BEST WE CAN TO KEEP A ROOF OVER OUR HEADS AND EAT. I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY THEM AND GET DROPPED CALLS. I WOULD BE STANDING AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE IF WE COULD GET ENOUGH PEOPLE TO STAND UP.

8th of Dec, 2008
    Correctional Billing Services - Dropped calls
    Correctional billing services
    Houston
    Tennessee

They make you pay upfront to receive collect calls from the city of country jail, yet when the call drops before our time is up they Still charge you $360. plus.40cent for the call you never recevied. I will report this to BBB and see what they can do about this SCAM!

• Fu
      13th of Feb, 2009

WELL NOW THE DROP CALL CREDIT IS ONLY AFTER 1 MINUTE!!! I AM SO SICK ON CORRECTIONAL BILLING SERVICES, I TOO AM FILING A COMPLAINT. I WENT ON AND ADDED UP THE DROPPED CALLS FOR ### AND GIGGLES AND I HAVE LOST $66.30 IN CALLS, I AM FURIOUS. OTHER THAN THAT I HAVE NOT HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS SERVICE BUT I DO FEEL THEY ARE STEALING OUR MONEY AND I DO NOT KNOW OF ANOTHER SERVICE. SUCKS ... WE ARE AT THEIR MERCY

• Te
      21st of Feb, 2009

I am having the same problems . When someone calls me from the parish jails my calls drop alot and I am still being charged for the whole time and then I gets a call saying that I own them more money for what ? Thats what I want to know.

• Ro
      28th of Mar, 2009

you all guys are all idiots.. all of what you all are saying is bull ###. stop slandering the company who are allowing you all to speak to your loved ones who got put away...YOU ALL SHOULD BE THANKFULL...A SATISFIED CUSTOMER..rEMEMBER THERE IS A GOD...

• Pi
      18th of May, 2009
    correctional billing services for columbia county jail - disconnections
    Correctional Billing Services
    New York
    Phone: 518-758-1289
    correctionalbillingservices.com

I put $53 on my account on Tuesday, May 12, 2009. On Thursday, May 14, 2009, my Fiance called me from the Columbia County Jail and ended up getting disconnected 4 several times. It kept saying that "custom calling features were not allowed with this call".First of all I donot have call waiting, callerID, or 3 way calling, I only have basic telephone services.When I would cough or a little too much noise was in the background this would happen.We would only be on the phone for a couple of minutes and this would happen.I contacted customer service over the phone for a reimbursement they said that I had to contact the complaint center online and reinsured me that it would not happen again.Then on Friday, May 15, 2009 it happened 2 other times.I have let this go on several occasions but now I'm getting tired of being ripped off and not getting my money's worth.I have 4 children, I don't have money like that to keep blowing on calls I'm paying for and getting disconnected for no apparent reason.I would like my money reimbursed ASAP, please.(This is ridiculose.)thankyou for your time.

• Nj
      12th of Jun, 2009

i am very much so pregnant and due any day. my husband likes to call in the morning and at night to check on me. everything was going good with the billing services until now. starting about 2 months ago i noticed the money was going really fast, calls were being dropped, and now i cant make a payment with either one of my credit cards (one of which i havent even used through them before). i know i have the funds in my account, which doesnt make since why neither one of my cards are working. this is our first child and my husband is really nervous. not being able to talk to him is really hard. he is suppose to be transfered to tdc within the next couple weeks. i just want to talk to him bfore he gets transfered. are there any other services i can call?

• In
      30th of Jun, 2009

Correctional Billing Services is a pure scam. The Real criminals are the fat a** sheriffs getting paid off to allow this company to operate in their jails. My son is only in for 60 days and will be transferred to a federal motel (pen), but I feel really sorry for those of you who have to put up with this BS for months and even years.

I would copy these complaints, talk to others in visitor's waiting rooms, collect complaints there and present this info to the county or city commissioners, and if they don't listen, take it to the media. Everybody has been hurt and suffered enough at this point. Time for a little compassion, no?

That rockstarre dude who defended these shysters must be one of the owners. Oh, yeah, they live customer service in Mexico City is a real joy to work with too.

They make everything purposely very hard so you can't deal with any problems you are having. Ask the city officials to try to call them and see what you have to put up with.

Better yet, some hot shot out there, who is a good person, start a company to give decent, humane service to the parents and spouses who have already paid enough in various ways.

There are many sheriffs out there who should be ashamed of themselves.

Well, good luck to you all.

• Ti
      1st of Jul, 2009

I just received a call from my son and was abruptly cut off and asked to setup an account to receive collect calls. During that message, it stated something about waiving or reducing the ‘activation’ fee or something, so I continued and was put in touch with an operator.

While giving her my credit card information and requesting $20 be put on my account, I was cut off. I’m guessing she hit the Release button instead of the ‘hold/mute’ button, because I didn’t press any buttons on my phone.

Then, when I realized I’d been disconnected, I called the 1-800-844-6591 number to try to set up the account again. This time however, I’m being informed that it will cost $6.95 and I must put a minimum of $50 on the account. After giving my credit card information over the phone, I requested to speak to a representative. I got a young man, that didn’t seem to understand what I was trying to explain.

My complaint is that I received a message saying that if I signed up today the fee would be waived, but when I tried to set up the account I’m being billed the additional $6.95. Additionally, I only wanted to put $20 on the account but the system required a $50 minimum, which means if I don’t use it all, I will have to put in a request for the balance and that will take 6-8 weeks for a refund.

I’m not very happy with the service and feel that this is a real rip off for people who are already upset over the situation that our loved one is in. Just one more thing to add to our stress level.

• Tr
      2nd of Jul, 2009

Ever since my fiance was transfered to New Castle Correctional Facility we have had to deal with Correctional Billing Services. I keep good track of the dropped calls, and as of now we are very close to 150.00 dollars in calls that were just cut off for no reason. I always make sure im away from t.v.s and othe phones and I don't have a clue how to do a custom call, but thats what it says im doing just before it hangs up and he has to call back, which encures another charge. Now that I have sent in the proper papers 2xs and faxed them 3xs, they are saying that there aren't any dropped calls. What the heck????????? Where is the better business bureau' s number ??????

• We
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I do highly believe CCBS is just a scam for someones money. The $6.95 additional fee is outrageous! As i talk to my loved one the stupid operator goes on and is a waste of the time that I am paying for. We only get 10 minutes to talk and the operator takes up that time. Its almost 5 bucks a call the least they could do is allow us to talk those ten minutes without interruptions.

• Am
      25th of Sep, 2009

I feel that i am being charged too much for my bill.

• Pi
      4th of Dec, 2009

You are all so right! I had Verizon and my son called me once a month with no problem sometimes more if there was a hoiday. It was just added to the bill and that was that. I have sense moved and have no choice but to use AT&T and no one told me it would automaticlly be turned over to this rip off CBS. My son called me twice and then the next time he tried to call there was a block and that happened to be Thanksgiving. I got a letter from him asking me why the phone was blocked and I wrote him back and told him it wasn't. I can email him through JPay so he gets them very quickly. I called AT&T and asked them why they put a block on and they told me they didn't that CBS just took over and only gave me a $55.00 allowance every 90 days. I did not set up an account with them they did it themselves. Plus they charge $2.95 a month to be billed through the phone co. Here is the real cute part, I can't receive anymore calls from my son until Jan. 8th but they are still charging me service fee of $2.95 and my last bill I was charged double and haven't spoken to my son sense Oct. 28. There is a real big scam going on here and did you all notice you are speaking to someone in India? I called and raged on them but it didn't do any good. Damned if I'm going to give them anymore of my money, it already costs almost $18.00 a phone call as it is. Bent over and screwed without even a reach around.

• Va
      16th of Dec, 2009

i totally agree with all the people who hav got ripped off. i made a payment a week ago and paid there outragous fee of 6.95 only to find out my loved one got moved to a different facility the next day. so im out 6.95 because of the stupid fee. com on giv me a beeak if i wulda known he was being moved the next day i wuldnt have put no mor money in the account...right? i am really disgusted with this company. i wuld love for some one to bring his to the media they wuld love it. maybe they wuld refund us some money back...(good joke).

• Yh
      16th of Dec, 2009

Sorry you all are having such a hard time with this company. I have been using them for 3 years now and i don't have even ONE complaint. Not one. Not quite sure what to to tell you other than good luck finding another service out there that REALLY ISNT A RIP OFF!!!

• Do
      21st of Dec, 2009

It is amazing how much people think they even deserve to get calls from someone locked up in prison. When you are crying about a 6.95 fee why don't you let us know why they were arrested?

• Fr
      19th of Jan, 2010

I'm working for CBS and if you want to contact to the manager in charge of the building located on Mexico city, hes name is: CARLOS SILVA, togheter with Mr. AMEZCUA, the number to contact them directly its: 51300600.

All of you located on U.S. Should be dial this numbers 011-52-55-51300600, please tell him to fix the system or get some of the millions of dollar' what they earn with your paymnts, if they can't do something for you, you will understand what this company doesnt care their customers