Corel / customer service re roxio toast 16 pro

1 Ottawa, United Kingdom

Mac OS X 10 11.6

Roxio Toast 15 -installed from a Corel Roxio CD failed after 15 months use. Mac rerred problem to Corel who could not offer more than unstall/reinstall as a solution. It didn't work. I was - against my better judgement but I still trusted the product, persuaded to download an "update" (not available on Disk) to Toast 16 Pro. This installed, but would not launch. I rang for advice and was told to restart the computer, It crashed - fortunately into recovery mode, instantly. After about six hours spent trying to revive my essential online contacts with an old PC it was willing to restart, but the native CD?DVD burner would not function. 24 hour later I successfully burrnt an audio CD through iTunes. This was on 12-15 April 2018. It is now 20 April. I have contacted Corel daily since, with no progress. Tickets do not register what i tell them. Timed sessions are not enabled. Folk who say they will be there are not. The furthest I've got is to open a link to an online automatic session which will not start. Escalations do not escalate. Cahts do not progress anything. Lies are consistently told. If we get a rapid post Brexit deal with Canada this sort of Customer service (Corel is Canadian) may well be what becomes standard. Corel have a practicl monopoly with Mac. This is simply unacceptble, and it is also company policy. The Chair is a James Baillie in Ottawa. His employees have never heard of him and do not know how to contact his HQ. Naturally Corel's "Cloud Based" customer service is touted as an industry model, enabling cases to be cleared up twice as rapidly as before. But every time a ticket is changed, it rates as a clear-up In the past 8 days I've had 19 tickets - all changed in mid transaction. Take cover, purchasers, this is your future.

Ji