Cook's Illustrated / magazine
About 18 months ago, I received a copy of the magazine for free, with an offer for a one year subscription at $9.95. I then received, at different intervals, copies of the same magazines, two or three issues several times. On April 20, 2018, my bank account was charged $29.95 for a one year renewal. I then learned that this does not include access to this company's other properties, like ATK. Bummer. So I want to cancel my membership, but I have thrown out the mailing covers which have my member number on them, and their website doesn't recognize my name and address. What's up with that?
I can't find anything but FAQs on any of their websites--no contact email or phone number, so I'm not able to solve this issue on my own.
I will have to ask my bank to reject any charges from this family of rip-off companies, and I will ask my Congressman's office to apply a bit of pressure on PBS for giving these cheats a trusted public forum.
More Cook's Illustrated Complaints & Reviews
- Cook's Illustrated - Unauthorized billing 
- Cook's Illustrated - Fraudulent charges 
- Cook's Illustrated - False Advertising/Additional Charges 
- Cook's Illustrated - Did not deliver 
- Cooks Illustrated - unauthorized billing
- Cook's Illustrated - cuisinart processor
- Cook's Illustrated - cook’s illustrated magazine subscription
- Cook Illustrated Magazine - automatic renewal policy - can't opt out
- Cook's Illustrated - web membership
- Cook's Illustrated - cook's illustrated misleading automatic renewals practice