ContinentalWarranty.com / Aggressive scare tactics

As I read a complaint of this company,it actually felt as if I wrote it myself. I called this company from the car dealer and did not have all my information with me and asked if I could call back. A manager (Anthony) got on the phone and told me that I could not call back and get the same deal. I told him they were reprogramming my keyless entry and then he replied "oh, so you have electrical problems?" like he was writing it in my file or something. He told me that he would wait while I went down in the service bay and collected my information. I told him my coat was in the car and I was not going out in the cold and that I would call back in about 30 minutes, not 30 days and again he refused to hang up. I was on my cell phone for 30 minutes with him already. He then told me that I was calling him, because no other companies were "knocking down my door" and I should do whatever he asked to get the deal done today!! I was so upset and felt that there aggressive scare tactics were ridiculous. I told him if he wanted my business that he would call me back and hung up. He called right back (I guess because I hung up on him), but I did not answer! I have since purchased my warranty through another company and am very satisfied.

Va

Comments

• G
      7th of Jun, 2008

This company is clearly a high pressure scam that charges 1700$ for a piece of paper that is worthless.

Just go to Google and type in: "continentalwarranty +scam"

You will finds hundreds of pages of people complaining about how they paid big bucks for one of these 'policies', but then were told that they had no coverage when their car actually broke.

Pretty easy to sell insurance if you never have to pay a claim.

Don't get screwed...continental warranty is a SCAM!!!

• Ge
      15th of Jun, 2008

I have not received a statement either by mail or email of my warranty premiums. Just 2 phone calls in which I was hung up on when I was unable to tell the person who called that I wasn't sure of the make and model of the automobile. Please begin mailing me a statement each month so we can continue doing business with each other.