Continental Warranty / They are out of business and taking unauthorized funds from mybank account.

United States, California, Malibu Review updated:
Continental Warranty
24955 Pacific Coast Hwy, Ste C-303
Phone: 1312-261-4800
Continental Warranty has gone out of business, they sold my contract to some other company and this company has been making unauthorized debits from my Bank account.

I requested my money back and they are telling me that, I had the first 30 days to get a refund.

I've paid one year for this coverage, which totals around $700.00 and they are to keep all of my money, I don't think so.

A  16th of Apr, 2009 by
Trying to cancel mine now, I used a credit card for automatic payments and had to cancel my card. NEVER allow them to debit you bank account. This is by far the worst warranty company I have ever dealt with, they make excuses why something is not covered and do not pay the taxes or shop fees associated with the repair. Although the online covered parts are somewhat extensive in text, the actual part coverage is very limited at best. Yes, there are items covered, but there is also an excuse as to why they will not pay for the repair of that part when it breaks. Common sense does apply here, if you don't maintain your vehicle, they will not pay for anything!!! The issue here is coverage of warrantee items (or the lack of) for a well maintained vehicle. REMEMBER-----there are always loopholes and these seem to benefit the warranty companies. I say keep your money and place it in a savings account for repairs, the cost of the warranty (with deductibles, taxes and shop fees) will more often than not be more than the actual repairs over the life of the contract.
A  6th of Jul, 2009 by
I bought a warranty with Continental in July of 2004. Fortunately, I never had to use the coverage but I had a Guaranteed Price Refund Certificate with them that supposedly, if I met all the criteria would get $1, 748.00 of the premium I had paid in. In August of 2008 it was time for me to get my refund and I faxed all the information and documents they claimed I needed to get my refund. I called them every month or so and got the run around every time. Now, in July of 2009, I find out they've gone out of business and the whole company is a scam. I would warn anybody, DO NOT BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM ANYONE ON YOUR CAR. I agree with the post before me. Save money for repairs and take care of it yourself.