Continental Warranty / Scams

I filled an online add in order to receive some magazine subscriptions with some rock tickets I purchased. One of them was for and extended warranty for my truck. The next day or so I had received a call from them and was amazed by the total package that they were willing to give me.

Going against all that I felt, I gave in to the $245 investment up front; that was unconditionally refundable within the 45 day waiting period. Which I haven't received back yet more than a month after I waited the 15 days it took to initiate any eligible work, and the six to eight weeks of "processing time".

I called on the 19th day because my alternator went out which I was kind of happy about since my warranty had just kicked in. I took it to the shop and Con-Warranty said I haven't driven 1K miles that was "in the contract" (which they never told me about) and I was pissed to say the least. I bought the alternator my self and did all the work.

I have been at them for weeks to try to get my refund and with no avail I keep trying. They say it will come this week, then next week, then the week after...

Va

Comments

• Lo
      15th of Jul, 2008

You are reading a comment by a client who tried to committ insurance fraud by signing up a vehicle that within 2 weeks needed a repair.

We denied the claim as being pre-existing, any sensible business would have and we offered the client a 30 day window to cancel our contract without penalty.

I find it disturbing that the person who wrote this complaint admitted to trying to file a pre-existing claim and called us crooks and a scam when he was obviously trying to rip us and our insurer off.

Any legitimate clients who would like to know about our underwriting period and also what we consider a pre-existing claim please contact us.

• St
      11th of Aug, 2008

Very high pressure!

12th of Oct, 2008

The same happen 2 me, its been 4 months since, I cancel and never got my deposit... I even fax them my cancelation notice before it expire, and call multiple times and no respond. BEWARE!!! I cancel before the 1 month.