ConAgra Foods

Awful experience

2.5
Conagra Foods
conagrafoods.com
This web site is being put up after a year of frustration, conversations and general disregard for corporate responsibility. Further motivation was provided when they refused to replace my microwave and offered me $30 as a "goodwill" gesture and threatened me with breach of contract/legal action if I disclosed any of this information to anyone. As you can see below, my microwave was ruined by one of ConAgra Foods, Inc. dba Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Microwave Popcorn bags. It caught on fire, turned the inside of my microwave brown and smoked up my house. It was taken outside immediately, extinguished and then thrown in the garbage. Of course the Claims Management Services Company (Sedgewick CMS), which is on retainer with ConAgra Foods, said that I needed to provide the burnt bag to verify my claim. Needless to say that was not possible. I shared with them all of the pertinent information with them, jumped through hoops, sent the other bags with the box, etc. "Their lab" tested it and it popped wonderfully of course.

Mr. Redenbacher was a genius and built an amazing Company through hard work, dedication, continual improvement and a passion for his popcorn. He was growing his own by the age of 12. I am sure Mr. Redenbacher was a very honorable man during his lifetime. If he was still alive there would be no need for this site. He understood customer service.

My beef is with ConAgra Foods who unfortunately bought the Orville Redenbacher Company in 1983. As usual the corporate giant has lost touch with the very consumers that put the company on the map in the first place. All of this could have all been avoided if they had just replaced my microwave. It would have cost a mere $115 dollars. Now this is being released to the media and I am sure that I am not the only person who has had this experience. Please post a blog about your experience.

So Corporate Bigwigs, what now?

If you have had a similar experience or if the reading of this just inspires you as one man stands up against the Ivory Towers, drop me a line at info@orvilleredenbachersux.com or Please Post a blog. Thank you for your encouragement and support. I will forward all emails to ConAgra Foods.
Complaint comments Comments (7) Complaint country United States Complaint category Food

Comments

A  13th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
My issue with ConAgra is their refusal to provide allergy information beyond the 10 most common allergens that they are required to disclose by law. They say rather than telling you if it is safe for you to eat, you should not eat it. I will not be eating any of their products and I will be blogging about their terrible customer service all over the internet.
A  19th of Jan, 2010 by    -1 Votes
MAY I SAY THAT I WAS A ORVILLEPOPCORN LOVER (ORIGINAL IN A BOTTLE AS YOU CAN SEE I SAID WAS THERE POPCORN HAS A LOT TO BE DESIRED WHEN POPPED THE CENTER OF THE POPCORN GETS AS HARD AS A LITTLE STONEVERY DANGEROUS TO GIVE TO CHILDRENTHERE QUALITY HAS GONE DOWN HILL PLEASE I BEG ALL PARENTS NOT TO GIVE TO ANY ONE U CARE FOR.
A  3rd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I always buy Mrs. Callanger pot pies could pleaes take out all the green peas, and put in potatoes, or something else. the are loaded ith green peas. then i will start buying then again, you are just loosing money. please consider my request. thank you cathy porter
N  12th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
After visiting with a manager of ConAgra IT in Omaha, I can safely say I will never buy another ConAgra product again! The manager had all the tell-tale signs of a sociopath and left me with that no-hope-for-humanity awful feeling! Hope this helps!
N  19th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
i am so fed up with the bowl type popcorn...every- time i pull the lid off it gets stuck and i end up dumping the whole thing on the floor because it will not come off...this has happened to me on several accounts.
N  29th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
I bought Banquet family size Salisbury Steaks after heating them I found a long black hair in them
N  29th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
there was a hair in my food that I bought

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree