Computershare

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 by

Horrible experience

Computershare
computershare.com
My company used Computershare to award long term and short term bonus options and stock. Computershare has been difficult to deal with from day one. They did an upgrade on their software and now you can't access their site from a MAC. I am not a MAC fan, but really! It has not been corrected for over 90 days and nothing on the web site informs you of this, you have to call in, sit on hold for a long time for them to explain this. Now today I have been trying to sell my shares for more than 2 hours...I have a simple question and the only live body I can get to answer the phone is to help me log into the site, which I can do, I just need some kind of special code to actually sell shares. I have not been happy with this site since the company converted to them two years ago and every experience makes me dread when I have to do business with them. I would not even give this company one star. Even the way they dispaly informaiton is confusing.
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Savings & Investments

Comments

N  18th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
This has got to be the worse site in the whole world of legality. They make it where you can't contact anyone but an automated dummy called Penny who can't answer any specific questions that you have. When you call one of the numbers to speak with a real person, they're totally rude and make you feel like you don't Know what you're talking about. For one, the website don't promise what it says. In the drop down box for transfers, all the choices that should have been in the drop down box wasn't there. We've been dealing with this company with no positive results for months now and we wish there was someone that we could contact to help us with trying to get my shares transferred to another company of our choice. We're in the process of getting refinanced but hit every roadblock with this company. Now as our refunds are getting depleted, and time are running out on us getting our loan paid off, we're still not being taken care of. Because during our last move, I misplaced my original common stock certificate and now Computershare wants me to pay money for a lost affidavit app + almost $2500.00 for a bond surety or as they stated 3% of my shares. Is this even legal? I think I'm getting ripped off and I have no one to help me fight this company. This has been and still is a nightmare for me. Someone please help me or respond to this.
N  15th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
I was going to set up an on line account, but have to enter my social security number. I don't want to do that because this all seems illegitimate to me. Did you ever provide your son? I think you are getting ripped off, too. There must be some legal agency that can help with this because it sure sounds illegal. Good luck and please update if anything changes.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree