Complete Savings / unauthorised payment

Jul 3, 2015
Complete Savings
Check your credit card statement!! I bought a flight via opodo and at the end the the process there was a option to get a & pound;30 voucher off the next booking. So I signed up. And then forgot all about it. Next thing I have monthly & pound;10 debits on my credit card statement. Essentially 'complete savings' is a membership scheme and you pay monthly to get online discounts. It's a complete scam. I cancelled the direct debt with hsbc (Very helpful) and then called complete savings. They cancelled my membership quite promptly but when I asked for a refund they were initially less accommodating. So I suggested they were in breach of trading standards and that I would write to the media. They then said they would refund the charges. Call [protected] if you are in the same boat. To be fair it was sorted out in five minutes.

N  7th of Jul, 2015 by
Hello Nicholas:

Thank you for contacting our customer service centre so that they could assist you with your query.

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up page. The details you are required to enter on the sign-up page are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page. Each member receives monthly reminder emails of their membership and it’s benefits.

We’d be happy to provide you with further details or assistance if you wish. We can be reached at 0800 389 6960, or you can contact me directly at mary@completesavings.co.uk.

Kind regards,