Complete Savings / unauthorized access to account

1 101 Merritt 7 Ste 4Norwalk, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 203-846-3300

I want to add my voice to those who have been robbed by Complete Savings. I, too, noticed an unauthorized debit of $12 on my credit card account from Complete Savings. After finding the complaints on this website, I called the company and demanded they recredit my account. They attempted to sell me on their services at this time, but I refused to listen and again, demanded they GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. They finally agreed. Considering how calm the call center woman remained in the wake of my anger, I imagine they receive calls like mine frequently.
I then called my bank and told STOP any and all attempts by this company to remove money from my account.
I then lodged a complaint with the BBB of CT. Complete Savings responded to my complaint with a letter laying all blame at my feet, saying I authorized this when I clicked on "Receive a $10 coupon off your next purchase" after buying Pizza Hut. Jerks. I will keep my complaint open.
I then went to the fbi internet fraud page and lodged a complaint.
My next step will be to contact a Consumer Protection Agency.

Comments

• Km
      14th of Sep, 2009

Looks like more than one web business than Pizza Hut is using this scam.

I just got one on my Amex account for being stupid enough to click on a $10 coupoon offer from Chengdu, a company that I ordered some disk recovery software from.

So after calling Complete Savings at the number on my AMEX bill, I did get what appears to be a courteous "revocation" of the charge, but with caution in due order, I will also go to AMEX and challenge the charge so that they will revoke it as well if Complete Savings fails to do so.

But now I would guess that the benefiting company (Pizza Hut, and others) are not without complicity, since it looks like the 2 dollar extra on top of the "coupon" must be a benefit to either of the parties to this scam. So in the end, YOU pay $12 to get a $10 coupon, which turns the concept of discounts around, where you end up paying more than if you did not have the coupon, plus you have to be very careful to "use" the coupon or lose it altogether, which is like going to Vegas and giving your $12 to the slots until you have nothing left.

• Ei
      6th of Oct, 2009

I want to add my voice and another retailer to the long list of legitimate retailers who have signed up with Complete Savings.

Drugstore.com

I'm so glad I found all these other reports so I could figure out what happened and how to deal with the problem. Thank you all for taking the time to file your complaints.

As for me, I'm waiting for my $12 refund and filing a report with my credit card company.

Then I will contact Drugstore.com to let them know how this scam works and that their reputation is being tarnished by it.

Complete Savings must have some super salespeople to be able to convince savvy established online companies like Drugstore.com and TigerDirect.com that their customers will appreciate the "services" which Complete Savings offers!

5th of Jan, 2010

Same thing happened to me. drugstore.com has lost my business. COMPLETESAVINGS should be sued.

5th of Jan, 2010

CompleteSavings.com is a scam.

5th of Jan, 2010

I disagree. I'm a telemarketer for completesavings.com and we are trained to appear as sweet little grandmothers while hosing the customers we are cheating.

Charles

• Pe
      16th of Feb, 2010

I'm also robbed by completesavings.com by charging $12 without my knowledge to my AMEX account.

I've asked the bank to stop for the fraudulent charges and to get the refund for several months of illegal transaction.

Pete

• Rr
      2nd of May, 2010

Thanks for sharing this threat. I was charged by this thieve $12 for at least 6 months. I asked AMEX to stop future charges from this company.

• Be
      22nd of Nov, 2010

I was being charged $12 for the past months without knowing why. I decided to call and then found out that it was through a Pizza place discount where all my info was taken and then charged without my permission/knowledge. The person on the phone could not find me in the system but yet they were charging me every month. The guy said he was going to refund me 3 months and that was it but I know it was more than that--it was almost a year ago. I cannot believe people can get away with this.