Commerce Bank / Reopened a closed account and charged late fees
I closed my account at Commerce in June 2007. I recently received a collection notice for $100. I went to the bank and their explanation was that in August they gave their customers a rebate of $4.00 which opened the account automatically which began the monthly charge for being below the minimum. Can they do that? Now they are giving the run around. I have 30 days to pay the $100 before it goes into collection and reported to the credit report. I was told go back in couple of days and speak to the bank manager after he has had a chance to look at the paperwork.
More Commerce Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Commerce Bank - Unavailable funds fee! 
- Commerce Bank - excessive overdraft fees 
- Commerce Bank - Terrible bank 
- Commerce Bank - Lost wages, lost stock options, theft of personal property!
- Commerce Bank - Invalid NSF Fees 
- Commerce Bank - fees and surcharges
- Commerce Bank - welcome to 1935
- Commerce Bank - Overdraft fees 
- Commerce Bank - Bill Pay 
- Commerce Bank - poor awful CS