Collective Pos / Bad product support

1 ON, Canada Review updated:

Just wanted to post some issues we were having with Collective POS. I have been with them for about 6 years now, and generally I havn't had many issues until rcently. Initially when I did a rent to own contract on our machine, i was told it was chip compliant. When I received the machine, it did indeed have the physical capacity to accept chip cards, but the software was not yet available. Well after 5 years, and several phone calls over the years, I was told, that unfortunately, they are unable to provide software for the machine, because of something Visa/MC have done. I now own the machine, and am done with monthly fees for the terminal, but now support for the machine has stopped. We had issues with the terminal last year and they replaced it no problem. This year, one of the keys is incredibly difficult to push, and get a number too register, so I called for a replacement, and they sent me an upgraded, chip compliangt machine and wanted to start charging me 25$/month again. I said no thank you, and promptly returned it, but they said they could no longer support my "old" machine. So now I am stuck with it, and have to mash the buttons to get it to work. It's disappointing, as it seems they are intent on milking money from me. Well I am thinking of switching to Chase Payment tech, but sad I must pay monthly terminal fees again, but Likely worth it in the long run.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Yi
      30th of Oct, 2012

Hello, all the victims in CANADA. We need to be united.First get your information updated at
    www.northernleasingclassaction.com/
    The case is on trial in favor of plaintiff side, once they got final Judgement, It'll be the time for CANADIAN to file a class action.
    Meanwhile, file a complain to Better Business Bureau in New York States include your lease No. or Contract No. to the company name Northern leasing 132 West 31st Street. New York NY 10001, that's where these thieves hiding .they will reply to you with their company logo and your lease No. That's what we want, the prove we are the victims of this international fraud company.
    Also, you can check the Phone No. they've been harassed you or the letter they mail to you from NLS leasing Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Is there No. 1-866-781-0411 or 0410 show on it? then go to http://www.northernleasing.com/contact, you will find these No. show in their collecting department's contact list.
    you can email me at [protected]@yahoo.com for a future class action in canada