Club Mahindra Holidays / Deficiency in service, dishonoring valid reservation req and failed to deliver as promised!

1 India Review updated:

Following would give detailed information on How Club Mahindra, CL, has cheated us by giving false promises and collecting huge amount of money (approx 50% of total fee which comes to around Rs. 92000+) from us. Deficiency in Service, Dishonoring valid Reservation Req and Failed to deliver as promised are the major concerning factors which I want to highlight below by giving enough information. I am tired of talking to Club Mahindra at all levels (Surej, head of All India Member relations: Karan, head of NCR Member Services: Rajesh, head of All India Customer Service Center: Rajalakshmi, head of Chennai Member services etc...) for the last more than 4 months continuously. Please advise.

1. On April 13, 2007 my reservation request against special offer was dishonored by Reservation Dept citing overdue payments on membership.

2. Whenver payment requests were raised using correct card details, my credit card agency has honored the premium payment request raised by CL. I noted that (after talking with CL collection officer, Ranvir Singh) Club Mahindra raised premium requests by providing incorrect card details resulting in request failure. This fact was also accepted by Ranvir Singh and he promised me that such mistake will not happen again. Ranvir Singh also apologized for collecting two EMIs in one month on one occasion.

Above means, CLUB MAHINDRA PENALIZED US BY DENYING OUR RESERVATION REQUEST AGAINST SPECIAL OFFER FOR THEIR MISTAKE IN RAISING PAYMENT REQUEST (CLUB MAHINDRA PROVIDED INCORRECT DATA TO PAYMENT AUTHORITY).

3. Reservation request was made against the special offer that we received at the time of taking Club Mahindra membership. Special Offer terms say, "Holidays at Club Mahindra Resorts can be availed in blue or White season only. Eligibility of the Holiday is subject to realization of 15% of membership fee." Till this date, we have paid almost 50% of total membership fee.

Above means, CLUB MAHINDRA DENIED OUR RIGHT OF AVAILING SPECIAL OFFER BY PROVIDING INVALID REASON.

4. As per the special offer, we were promised for 4 Kingfisher tickets but in reality we are given 4 Indian Airlines tickets.

Above means, CLUB MAHINDRA HAS FAILED TO DELIVER ON PROMISE. CLUB MAHINDRA CHEATED US BY GIVING FALSE PROMISES.

5. Seeing irregularities in reservation department's operation with respect to reservation request acceptance and Collection Department, I raised the issue to Club Mahindra Customer Service Department on April 13, 2007 (please refer my email to feedback@clubmahindra.com). Since then I have been writing to feedback@clubmahindra.com and Reservations@clubmahindra.com including Karan Midha (karan.midha@clubmahindra.com) to resolve the issue however I have received poor response from all the mentioned departments.

Above means, CLUB MAHINDRA FAILED TO PROVIDE COMMITMENT TO RESOLVE ISSUES. CLUB MAHINDRA'S RESPONSE TO MY REQUEST TO RESOLVE WAS VERY POOR AND NON-SATISFACTORY. I ALSO EXPERIENCED CLUB MAHINDRA CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE DELIBERATING DISHONORED MY CALLS TO THEM BY DISCONNECTING TELEPHONE CALLS (for example call on Aug 11, 2007 0420pm Representative: Sucheta/Suchandra).

6. Seeing no appreciable efforts from Club Mahindra to resolve issues and at the same time Club Mahindra had been charging EMIs to me, I asked Club Mahindra in writing "All payments to Club Mahindra has been kept on hold till CL resolve the issue." I had given the date June 15, 2007 which was extended to July 31, 2007 giving Club Mahindra enough time to resolve the issue. Resolution date was given to Club Mahindra on May 27, 2007. Even after giving notice to Club Mahindra to hold charging EMI, Club Mahindra continued making payment requests.

Above means, CLUB MAHINDRA CHEATED US BY COLLECTING MONEY FROM US AND IN THE NAME OF SERVICE WE ARE GIVEN NOTHING BY CLUB MAHINDRA. CLUB MAHINDRA HAS BEEN HARASSING US BY CONSTANTLY COMING AFTER US DEMANDING FOR PAYMENT BUT WITH NO SERVICE PROVIDED.

My experience with Club Mahindra (Reservations Dept, Collection Dept, Member Relations Dept (Chennai and Delhi), Customer Care Dept, NCR Service Head (Kiran Midha)) has been very disappointing and has caused huge mental harassment. I am greatly disillusioned by the CLUB MAHINDRA brand name and felt duped by CL's setup.

Considering above, Club Mahindra MUST do following:
1. Offer formal apology for the a) deficiency in service, b) failing to deliver as promised, c) irregularities in charging payment.
2. Provide compensation for deficient service and mental harassment caused to us.

A very dissatisfied and frustrated customer,

Rajesh V. Gheware
CL Membership #260730
An IIT Madras Alumnus

Mobile: [protected]
My Office on Web: http://headstrong.com
My Institute on Web: http://www.iitm.ac.in
Me! too on Web: http://rajeshonline.info

Comments

• Ni
      27th of Sep, 2007

I couldn't agree with you more Mr. Rajesh. I must say I am really frustrated with this thugs : club mahindra that is. I fell in their trap : and big one at that : red season studio membership in 2006, and soon, reality prevailed when effort after effort of mine to get a booking in resort of my choice went in vain - even when I was trying 2 months in advance- while at the time of purchase, this guy was most confident in saying that 10-15 days in advance of your holiday dates, in your own season would get you a booking. And RCI, which was another major motivation in my taking clubmahindra was an even bigger hoax. Bookings at RCI are like you are sitting on a timebomb- you call them up, and most certainly you won't have your choice available even months in advance, and if they give you some stupid off season choice(even though I am a red season member), if you call again after another 5 minutes, they'd say that even that resort is gone !! I have paid more than a lakh in membership fees and have not been allowed to utilize a penny's value, and wisely have stopped the remaining fees. But my repeated calls to them to refund my money have yielded nothing but callous representatives and executives denying in the name of company policy - as if it wasn't their policy to provide me (mostly atleast if not always) with my choice of holidays ? A friend was willing to buy my membership (i explained him the whole scenario of the quality of the membership, but he still is willing to take a chance), but they are not even transferring, saying till i pay entire amount, they won't transfer. Considering the huge membership fees, neither me nor my friend would be able to pay off that money upfront (my friend has to pay off on top of the remaining membership fees, whatever i have paid to clubmahindra aswell!!), and the bunch of crooks don't allow this saying till i pay off my dues- funny that they call the remaining amount as my dues -while it is clubmahindra owing me all that money (and the interest on that !!). I am not sure what to do now - consumer forum is something i keep thinking of - but i hope that all the clubmahindra hit ppl over here get together here and that way, the case would be stronger. Herez calling clubmahindra sick ppl to unite :)

5th of Dec, 2007

This is not the case with just one individual, rather I see many a people sufferring from being a member of CM. They get nothing out of so many things promissed. Let's unite together and raise the issue with some concerned agency like consumer forum, TV media etc... It's really tough getting the money back from CM just like that.

CM is real chor....

Safdar.

• Pr
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Getting CM holiday as per your choice is like getting a jackpot . Please be prepared to have holiday at their convenience , at place you do not want , time you do not prefer but you have no choice else your holidays are lapsed.

You need to book Holidays now atleast 4-5 months in advance . I was also promised by sales person that 15 days to max one month advance period shall be fine . Never happened till date. I also wonder how non-members can get booking and members are told "booked out ". I smell something fishy here .

I see some new facilities came in recent time however facilities in Kufri , Ooty is closed so in that case with CM members growing , I also wonder whats the ratio of members against accomodation available .

I am fortunate not to have very negative experinece so far with CM however accomodation availability and cost-effectiveness has always been a concern for me . But then the question is above all is CM membersship worth the money i am paying ?

• Po
      18th of Jan, 2008

I m not at all agree with these negative comments about club mahindra Holidays.Without being a member how can u blame a company that there services r not good.If u r a member then 1st avail the facility of the membership this is my gurantee tht u ll b fully satisfied wid that.I hav visited there so many properties and they r fabulous,amazin and unexplanable.Regardin bookin i havnt face any problem.if u r the member of Red season then u ll get bookin in that season only.

So plz dont blame the company without usin its facility.

• Di
      22nd of Jan, 2008

Thanks god,
    I did my research b4 investing in CM.. I paid 2000 bux as initial booking fees..But after reading this article, I have decided not to join with CM...

Thanks friends,
    For saving some1s life.

Thanks all.I prey that youalls money is returned safely.

• Am
      19th of Feb, 2008

I wanted to buy a membership , looks like i wont anymore , More over i see so many people selling thier property at losses.
    If it was a something worth buying no one would be selling it.

• So
      6th of Mar, 2008

We should all get together and protest outside their office and demand for its closure. That is the only way that the public and the government will wake up. I am based in Pune. Where are each of you based, and how many of you are there?

• So
      6th of Mar, 2008

To clarify, my complaint is that I have asked for refund within the 10-days cancellation period, and they are denying the date of receipt of the cancellation request.

Similarly people can mention the nature of the complaints so that only seriously upset people show up outside their offce! Otherwise our protest will turn into a confused mumble...

• Ar
      8th of Apr, 2008

I am also one of the frustrated Customers from Club mahindra.
    I signed up for a red studio and cancelled it immediately after 2 days but at the time of joining i was told the money would be refunded immediately to me if i cancel the membership but thats not the case its been over month and a half i havent recieved any response from them as yet. whenever i call up i get an answer its under process and we ll get it checked from out Accounts department. Thank God i did not subscribe for this membership and i would suggest not to. this is the way Club Mahindra works good i am not a part of them. Still waiting for the payment to come infact i have been charged interest on my credit card because of these people.

• Pu
      15th of May, 2008

I, Pushpender Shiromani wants to cancel the red studio package of Mahindra Club due to some unavoidable reasons. So kindly refund my money.

• Pu

Ansals Plaza
    Khel Gaon

• De
      21st of May, 2008

i signed up with them Feb 2008 and paid them Rs 55292. I canceled the membership within 3 days and since them i am waiting for my money and calling them every week. It is May 21st ' 2008 and i still dont have my money and everytime i call them they give me a new date.

Can someone please advise how i can get my money back from the most fraudulent organization in India. Please please please stay away from this company.

Deepak Amin

5th of Jun, 2008

My membership number is 46278.
    I took this membership in May or June 2005. I paid an amount of 42000/-(12, 000+30, 400 or 6-EMIs).
    4 months Later, I came to know that I've to pay some 6500/- per year for 21 years (this amt may be increased yr by yr). I didn't know this. Your Sales Executive "Siddh", Nariman point had cheated me, by not telling all these hidden costs. Also he gave me an invalid coupon (4 Days & 3 Nights Holiday offer from Club Mahindra). Also, I was told by your Sales person that I can book a holiday by giving a 15 days advance notice. After I paid 25% of the amt, I called to your customer service in Mumbai, to book a holiday week in Dec 05, Response I got from the customer care is "I've to wait for 45 days".I totally disappointed by your service and the cheating procedure. Sales man hide the hidden charges and obligations and limitations.

Finally, I requested to cancel my membership and asked either return my money or give the equal ant amount of holidays. I contacted Ms Natasha/Namritha in Mumbai, they always answer me that they will come back to me later, till date I never received a call from them or any other executive from MHRIL.
    That cheating Sales man Siddh is not contactable since long time. As he was an employee of Mahindra. when I subscribed the membership, I feel I'm cheated by your Company. Customers are here not to increase your profit by 1000%. We are here to buy service from you. How can you expect money without giving any service.
    Later I called to your customer care to know the status of my refund and came to know about my cancellation. Even I don't know when my membership was canceled. It was not communicated to me. On what basis Can you charge a rupee from me? I didn't utilize* a Single holiday* and didn't get any service. Why are you cheating me. You are harressing me by not refunding my hard earning money.
    Why do you waste my time? I didn't get any service from you after paying 42400/-. Please Return my money back ASAP.
    Reply me
    My contact No. 9867728499
    Jay
    SO STAY AWAY FROM THIS CHEATING CLUB

• Ra
      16th of Jun, 2008

I have created my request to cancel my membership within 3 days of enrolment, and till now I am waiting for my refund. It has been more than 2 months till now.

Can anyone suggest me what should I do get my money back club Mahindra?

Club Mahindra is fraud. They don't care about people.

• Vi
      23rd of Jun, 2008

I am too cheated by them in noida Sec-23.
    9 months back i became the member by paying some 34000 rupees.
    I was given 3 offers of trips one of which was Malaysia trip for 4days and 3 nights.

Whenever i asked for the same..they never responded. Kept delaying. Reasons kept changing.
    Resulting I decided to stop any further payments.

Now its been 7 months of constant perusal and these people are not giving me anything promised.
    They simply keep delaying the offers.
    Now they have started asking me for some more money as extension charges. Extension which they hae because they could not give me services.

I am still struggling for my rights and have decided for my money back.
    Registering FIR against the company, I think it comes under criminal offense.

Does somebody have mail-ID of Mr. Mahindra? He is the one I did not talk about my agony.

Thanks
    Vivek Tyagi

• Ap
      7th of Jul, 2008

I have very bad experience about club manhindra they are cheating with professionals. They forcely ceating like professional gund.

First time when we visited to their office in Kuwait as they invited with family . I suprise that they have shown something and took the sign on agreement . Result was that within 8 hours when I saw the agreement therouly I decided to cancel the agreement then they ask to pay 2% charges ie about 48 Kuwait dinnar. Which comes approximately 7800 Indian Rupees. By the way I took this membeship with larg risk.

Last week I took policy by paying 40 KD. I have to pay appr. 1300KD + 43 @25years.
    Pl. advise for cancelling this policy.
    I

14th of Jul, 2008

I have stayed at Club Mahindra resorts a few times. It was a good experience. However, getting the bookings is tough. They have very few resorts but they sell very aggressively. Join only if you intend to take holidays when no one wants to take ( forget holidays). They should stop selling till they add enough inventory.

• Pr
      2nd of Aug, 2008

please send my user name and password.
    my member number =218394
    my membership no. =74869
    season = white
    aptment = studio

• Su
      8th of Aug, 2008

Thanks for the advice!
    A salesman calls me up in the evening and said they have an offer ONLY until midnight. He told me that I had to pay 15% (about 38000)via credit card and i'll get free stay offer etc etc and that he'd send a salesboy to my place.
    I was thinking about getting the membership in about 2 months time..but this "ONLY UNTIL MIDNIGHT OFFER" got me a little suspicious. Told him I don't need any offers but need time to consider the membership since it is big amount for me.. now after reading all the comments/compliants, i think i won't go for this..

Thanks again!

• Ap
      30th of Aug, 2008

Today I had phone call from Club mahindra Kuwait. They told to pay EMI
    I told them I will not pay.
    Already, I paid 40 KD . I donot want to continue because it is fake and fraud agency They have cheated to many people and me also What I can do? Wehter mahindra club is registered agency in Kuwait as per Kuwait law.
    If I could not pay give me legal advise.