Closets by Design / Custom closets

Gardena, CA, United States Review updated:
4.65

Closets by Design - RUN don't walk!! This company is HORRIBLE. I used them May 2006 and they send out the professional and responsible person to "sell" you. Once they have your down payment they got you and all pretense at professionalism END. It took much work on my part (telephone calls, letters, Better Business complaint) for them to come out and install the darn closets (4 closets I ordered). They finally sent out 2 guys who ripped through it quickly. I was so relieved they finally came and the closets looked ok visually it did not occur to me that I had to check each & every adjustment peg to make sure it was aligned. Well, a few years later I go to adjust one of the shelves (which is the whole point of adjustable shelves) and it is off by 1/2 inch on one side (so the shelf slopes if you try to move it). Apparently the installers realized it was misaligned so they just drilled holes on one side to make it level - but only for the original shelf position!! If you try to move the shelves up or down then it is misaligned. This company is horrible and the product installation is horrible. Go somewhere else! I am considering a small court claim against them.
La

Comments

Lu
  19th of Nov, 2009
Totally agree that the Closets by Design is terrible. They don't even keep promise. The reason I signed the contract because the designer talked to his manager to order two hampers for me from California Closets, because Closets by design does not have the part. And the price of the hampers will be included in the price of the whole closets. But in the installation day, there were no hampers at all. And the designer and manager changed the story saying I misunderstood. They have no responsibility to order the hampers and the price is separate from the other parts.

Closets by Design Logo Closets by Design