Clearwire / Fraud

1 OH, United States Review updated:

I called Clear on 12/19/11 to inquire about internet offer that was advertised online. I explained to the sales rep i was interested in the $35.00 offer. He explained the monthly fee and there were no hidden fees or costs he just needs my credit card info to get started. I then proceeded with the credit card info and then verified that he was only billing $35.00 to my debit card today. He then stated he will explain the billing breakdown in a moment. He then proceeded to tell me the cost for today would be approx $150.00. I then told him i wasn't interested. He then stated it is too late I have already placed your order and your card has been billed. I would now need to call customer service to cancel. I called customer service to cancel and told them I never authorized this transaction and have been mislead into a sale, I want this canceled immediately and my card refunded. The customer service rep said the package is now in shipment I need to refuse the shipment to refund my monies. I never authorized or gave permission for this transaction, and have been totally taken advantage of.

Comments

• Cl
      29th of Sep, 2010

I signed up for a free trail but was mischarged on my credit card. for $52.40

I was promised a refund but refund was sent back to wrong credit card (one that I dont own) - prepaid gift card

I called back days later and they refunded it to the wrong card again (another card I dont own) - prepaid gift card

Because of the hassle, bank overdraft fees, and my phone time used I got a Full month's credit on my Clear account.

I only got refunded $5.23 on my credit card and called back wondering where the rest is.

The Clear Rep. tries to make me sign up for 2 year contract and we get into an argument.

I check back and my credit that was on my account gets removed

30 days later no refund, no credit and Clear claims they sent refund to Credit Card but I never got it.

They say on their end it shows up that I got the refund, but its not there.

I WAS FRAUDULENTLY RIPPED OFF BY CLEAR!WIRE!!!