Clearwire / Clearwire believes World Of Warcraft is abuse of their system!

I signed up for Clearwire 6 months ago. A month ago my friend invited me to play WOW. I purchased the game and began playing. The game bogged down and the connection speed was worse than dial up service.

I called to speak with Clearwire and was informed that they don't support gaming. I asked to be released from my contract since it was not something they advised at the signing. They stated that my lawyer should have covered their terms and conditions with me before I signed their online form.

No where on their site does it clearly state that they don't support gaming. The only thing they show you is that you can not abuse their system with streaming video and audio. I use more bandwidth downloading a movie on Itunes than when I play WOW for an hour.

I understand their system may not work well with games but they should allow people to cancel the subscription for a service they can not provide. That statement on their terms could be said of any usage online.

I will not renew nor will I ever tell anyone that Clearwire is worth signing with for any length of time.

Comments

6th of Sep, 2007

Mr. Hannah,

I had sent you an email via the complains board website. If you can, please read it, as I would like to discuss your concern further. Thank you!

• Sh
      12th of Sep, 2007

Did you read the terms of service when you signed the contract? The company does not support games because of the latency. Online games already have a latency and so does WiFi/wireless with both Wireless and gaming together there's even more latency. How can a company solve your gaming issues? It's called customer research before you sign a contract for 1 year or 2 years you should do your research about internet service what it does or can do for you and what it can't. Just because you can't play some lame game over the service doesn't mean you should be out of your contract. You weren't playing WoW for 6 months after you signed up and started using the service you said so yourself. So all the sudden you jump into gaming and expect your wireless service to comply... When I got my small sports car I wasn't into car audio, now that I am and all my audio gear doesn't fit in the car am I supposed to ask the dealership to take the car back and not owe them another dime?

I swear there's a lot of whiners on here for no reason, you guys are crying over things not even within clearwire's control but your own control and expect a company thats in the business to make money comply with your whims. Get real, economy doesn't work that way, take a few classes in economics and then post the same complaint.

• Ci
      19th of Sep, 2007

I have only been a Clearwire customer for a few weeks. What a SCAM. They have very deceptive advertising and their sales rep lied about their service. I was with a cable ISP which was lightening fast. They said their service was faster and the quality was better. I can't stay connected for any length of time and what took my high school student to do in one hour now takes three. WORD OF MOUTH speaks loud and clear and you can better believe I will spread the WORD. Have you thought about filing you complaint with the Better Business Bureau or the Federal Trade Commission.

3rd of Dec, 2008

I actually have the same problem with online games - Clearwire is basically useless.

The line that sold me to sign up for CLearwire? A press release that stated "Gamers love it because of the low ping times and low latency connection. "

This was all over in press releases when I signed up but good luck finding it now - I could only find one cached copy on google.

• Ry
      31st of Jul, 2009

I fully agree with this clearwire crap. I am playing World of warcraft and just recently I am getting frequent disconnects from the server (Only playing wow). The madness about all this is, I fully agree. They are remotley freezing up my modem because I am abusing their network.

• Jb
      12th of Jul, 2010

When I signed up for Clear I was told directly by the sales person that the service type I selected was great for online gaming and that it was what CLEAR RECOMMENDED for gamers. If they throttle my connection speed during gaming after saying that line, I'd definitely agree we're being spoon fed horse [censor]. I had a DSL connection all of the last two years that couldn't break 1.5 mpbs, but my 6.0 mpbs clear connection can't stay under 400 ms and frequently leaps to over 1200 ms.

All I can say is, Clear should read up about what happened when a different internet service provider tried to limit their customers speeds. Just Google AT&T and CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

For now I haven't lodged any actual complains because I haven't done all the configuring I had previously to make sure WoW runs smoothly, but now that I have if I keep having these problems they'll get an earful from me the same way AT&T did once a week when my 2wire wasn't working.