Clear Rate Communications / fraud/no service provided

My 80 year old mother-in-law was contacted by Clear Rate and convinced her to switch to their service in December 2009. She was without phone service for a 2 week period. When family tried to contact Clear Rate, they were told that we could not be talked to since we were not on the account. They suggested that this 80 year old woman (who doesn't drive) walk to a pay phone to contact them. We found another provider. Unfortunately, Clear Rate is threatening to report my mother-in-law to a collection agency for phone service she never had. This company has no customer service and is a complete fraud.

Comments

• Sc
      6th of Aug, 2010

Thry promise you the world for pennies on the dollar and then send you a bill for twice as much as your old company . They are terrible people they tell you they will keep your number and charge you an early termination fee if you leave them . thats all [censor]

• Sc
      6th of Aug, 2010

Terrible company the shadiest trash I have ever dealt with .

15th of Sep, 2010

Steer clear of Clear! They entered the Houston market this year with a huge advertising campaign. After being assured that I would have 4G coverage in-home service, I signed up with home and voice service. 30 days later they still couldn't provide an adequate signal for internet connection (one light on modem, occasionally 2 lights). With the poor internet connection, the voice service was terrible. After 10 calls to Customer (not) Service, I pulled the plug and went back to my old internet provider.
    Clear makes lots of promises but they are weak on execution. I would never recommend Clear wireless to anyone!