Citroen / Sold completely defective vehicle
In August 2009, I purchased a 1996 Land Rover Discovery from the dealership, dealt with by sales executive Mr. Rudi Janse Van Vuuren.
1.The vehicle was 1 week late in being delivered due to work still being done in the workshop. The details given were that the vehicle was being serviced as well as steering pipe repairs.
2.The vehicle, once delivered, was found to be overheating significantly, and completely seized while on holiday. I had it towed to the nearest workshop for repairs. I was informed that the vehicle needed an exceptionally good service, indicating that this was not done by the establishment as promised in (1).
3.After receiving the vehicle back, the engine cut again, resulting in being sent from one workshop to an auto electrician, and subsequently to Land Rover dealers in PMB, I have been advised that the vehicle will require at least 30-40 hrs repair work and in excess of R30000.
4.Despite calls and letters, no reponse from the dealer.
I have had littleno drive time. I feel that the vehicle has been sold to me unethically, and that I have been victimised in the sale. What can I dosteps can be taken?
More Citroen Complaints & Reviews
- Citroen Customer Care - Service / Quality 
- CITROEN/C4 - BAD MANUFACTURING 
- Citroen C4 1.6 - Gearbox defects - wolrse car ever
- citroen c4 - malfunction
- Citroen DS4 HDi 160 Sport - ignoring the customer 
- Citroen - new car
- Citroen - time taken to repair car under warranty & recall for faults not of our causing
- Citroen Customer Care Saudi Aribia, Eiyadh - Xsara car
- CITROEN C5 - Petrol Pump still leaking
- Citroen Berlingo - Shoddy service&customer relations