CitiMortgage / terrible company

I purchased my first home (condo) in 2017 and lived in it for one year, and then got married and purchased another home (now, my primary home). I put the condo on the market for 3 months at that time, no offers. I took it off the market and rented it out until recently. In July, my renters moved out. I've kept up the payments (no late pays) and had it advertised for rent (very, very cheap even) in multiple places up to a couple weeks ago. Not one single call. In the meantime, I had called the mortgage company, CitiMortgage, and explained to them about the renters and that I was getting to the point that I might not be able to pay for it myself with no renters. CitiMortgage told me that they couldn't do anything because it is an investment property. I put the condo on the market first week in December, called CitiMortgage to inform them about the sale and asked for options, including hardship and/or short sale. CitiMortgage told me that they were unable to do anything or accept any applications for a short sale until the house had been on the market for over 3 months and to call the HOPE program and they would help; however, the HOPE program is only for primary homes, not investment properties. Each month I called CitiMortgage to update them on the showings, no offers, etc and ask about hardship and/or short sale and I was told the same thing everytime: wait until Feb 28, 2017 and call the HOPE program.

Yesterday, they told my real estate agent that the house was in foreclosure and we couldn't sell it. I called CitiMortgage and was told to fill out the Loan Modification/short sale form, they've decided they would accept it now, even though Feb 28 isn't for another two weeks. I asked how can CitiMortgage do a loan modification if the house is in foreclosure with an attorney? CitiMortgage stated 'That's a good question; I don't know how to answer that.'

Comments

• Va
      23rd of May, 2008
    CitiMortgage - 3 different payments over 3 months
    www.citimortgage.com

Where to start? CitiMortage bought my ABN Amro Mortgage last year. My payments jumped a little due to my ins/flood policy. Then I was notified my payments jumped from $1400 to almost $1800.

When I checked into it they had my ins policy correct, my flood policy incorrect, and my taxes doubled. I asked them to review, had my ins agent fax and mail copies to them, and my tax collectors office mail a correct copy to them. I as well faxed and mailed copies to them.

Next month, payment was the same, and so on and so on. I still contacted them EVERY month about correcting it. Fast forward to my May statement, FINALLY, it drops from $1800 to a blessing of $1580, I send the check, it clears the bank and on 5/21 I get a call from the collections dept.

I am $146.96 short and my funds are now being held in an unapplied funds account. I pay the extra $ because they said it was their fault, but I am still the one that has to pay and of course they will report to on my credit file.

I looked this morning and now my payment has dropped again now to $1503...I have asked them to please sell my loan to somebody...anybody...this company has to be the worst.

I am a finance manager at a dealership and deal with 120 loans per month for almost 22 years now and have A+ credit and they treat me as I am not. CITI, PLEASE GET A GRIP OR GO OUT OF BUSINESS!

• Re
      9th of Jun, 2008

• K
      18th of Jun, 2008

I disagree with the ### sucker up here! They are a mediation company! They usually walk both sides of the street so...and guess what, half of these companies are fraudsters trying to take your equity in your house so, be careful with these people! Neil Garfield is really good at http://livinglies.wordpress.com/about/, this guy can help! Rescind the mortgage and sue the sobs! Be careful of class actions, not necessary and only pays the lawyers! The lawyers associated with Neils site under mortgage audits are expensive charging you 45% of the total collected so... Do not file bankruptcy, see my post on Neils web site about this corrupt organization, judges, lawyers and trustees! Neils site is comprised of lawyers, consumers and industry professionals who are telling you the truth! Do not be mislead by ### suckers and most lawyers other than Neil. You may contact me by going to maryland fed district courts under case header Arnold vs. CitiMortgage Incorporated but sue, sue, sue, sue! If enough of us sue, CitiM will get the message; also look up Capital Fairbanks, this is who Citi really is! God bless you, and, like I said, you may contact me!

10th of Jul, 2008
    CitiMortgage - they auctioned my house
    www.citimortgage.com

Citimortgage auctioned my house on July 2nd while I was still in Loss Mitigation with a Jennifer Motter and Jennifer Charterston. Both gave me incorrect information and both will not return my calls causing me to lose my house.

I call everyday and leave a message. I do not even know when I have to be out, No one will speak with me. Its voice mail after voice mail.

This company has put me through *** and I wish I had the money to after them.

My original mortgage company sold my mortgage to CitiMortgage and it's been *** ever since. They even LOST a check once, applied money to wrong account and takes 7 mos. to review your paperwork needed for help or just information. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Never.

26th of Aug, 2008
    CitiMortgage - fraud and scam
    12855 N Outer Forty Rd
    Saint Louis
    Missouri
    Phone: 636-261-2484
    citimortgage.com

CitiMortgage is very slyly skimming interest from it's customers by signing them up for bi-weekly payments. They draft your account every other week, but they only post it to your mortgage monthly. That means you are paying interest on money in their account! They do make the yearly extra payment toward your principle (26 bi-weekly payments equals 13 'monthly' payments per year). That does help in paying off the loan sooner. But, if posted as received, and required by law, you would save many thousands of more dollars in interest. Most people don't know they are being ripped off.

CitiMortage Biweekly Advantage works toward their advantage. Can you imagine how many millions of consumer dollars they keep on account by delaying the payments? I feel real stupid for letting them trick me. I double checked my accounts after 3 months of the Advantage and discovered their game.

• Ka
      10th of Sep, 2008

I had two homes mortgaged through this dreadfully inept lender. They continually misapplied mortgage payments, collected double payments, failed to release insurance payments, "lost" payments and privacy protected information, refused to acknowledge receipt of bank statements, cancelled checks, etc. and finally foreclosed on my second home without sending me any notification when they had proof of payments in their possession 17 times!

They actually foreclosed when ALL payments were current and have not to this date, despite the intercession of an attorney, given me a statement of all charges incurred by this unlawful foreclosure.

CitiMortgage needs to be investigated for their customer service practices. If you have any doubt as to their incompetency or downright fraudulent practices, you need only type in "Citimortgage Complaints" and will get thousands of hits with problems echoing my own.

• Do
      2nd of Oct, 2008
    CitiMortgage - no english unfair tatics!
    Citimortgage
    121 Richardson Hill
    Andersonville

Where do you start with this place? Two years ago I took out a
    fixed rate mort. with a local company they sold it to citimort.
    and my headaches began I have been through trying to understand the employees. Loss litigations you name it all to no avail they do not write anything in their computer when they tell you something. My mort. payment went from 710.00 a mo. to 850.00 with no explaination we finally are so fed up we put the house on the market now they tell me they will defer payments until the sale except the girl that told me that never wrote it down and I did get one wonderful girl Nicole who appeared to want to help she found the first girl but she is in Costa Rico my house is in TN gee don't get that! but she said "I'll call you as soon as I reach her and settle this" well it's 3 weeks now so I call today to speak to cust. service my payment is behind so I can't talk to anyone but collections they will not transfer or help you with another number the girl I spoke to would only tell me her name was Heather she got VERY rude and hung up on me well I'm about to loose my house and she hung up on me! This company is by far the worst I have ever seen. I can't get another mortgage because they didn't defer they marked me late and now my credit is bad. So I guess real soon we will be living in my car. and Citimortgage will have my house.

• Ba
      2nd of Oct, 2008

You need to file a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission)

• Ur
      16th of Dec, 2008

If you cared to read your Mortgage, you would notice in a section called "Application of Payments" that a payment of principal and interest cannot be applied unless it's a full payment. Any bi-weekly style program simply slaps two half payment together and sends it out to your mortgage company, whether it be CitiMortgage or otherwise. The benefit, if you could call it that, is you don't have to think about your payment, and since the 13th and 26th payment of every year goes to principal only, it does pay off your loan sooner. However, if you were less lazy and did the same process, by putting half of your mortgage payment into a high-yield savings, then when the other half gets there, send the full payment to your mortgage company, not only would you not incur service and enrollment fees, you could be making money while the first half of your payment waits for the second half. Simple, no?

• Re
      22nd of Dec, 2008

I am having the same problems with Jennifer Motter and Citimortgage. The story so far: moved to a new city and new job. House on the market just before housing crash. Kept making payments on mortgage and utilities for 18 months after move. Tried a short sale ($52, 000 offered, $61, 000 owed). They wouldn't accept because the market value of the house dropped from $80, 000 to $35, 000 with housing crash. Quit making payments July of 2017, going route of a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure. No communication. Mysterious "paperwork" from their attorney supposedly being sent to me (going on 2 months - man the mail is slow).

I have washed my hands of it. My finances are a wreck. We went thousands into debt maintaining to sets of living housing costs. Credit is destroyed. I have a place to live. I dont' care anymore

• Mc
      29th of Dec, 2008

Bi-weekly payment programs, are not handled by the mortgage companies them self, it's handle by a third party. You pay a third party to take the $$$ out of your account every 2 weeks. You make 13 payments in a year, not 12. This reduces your principle balance of the mortgage faster.
    Your issue would be with that third party. And yes, the mortgage company itself has no idea who that third party is.

9th of Jan, 2009
    CitiMortgage - no assistance
    Citimortgage group

In Sept.2017 the heat and air system went out and needed replacing and with winter coming there was no choice. The company that carried the insurance on the unit was a total failure so we asked for assistance from Citimortgage. We did all of the paper work, faxed it and began to call after a week or so to see what was happening. NOTHING!!! Collections has hounded us as much as 8 times in one day as early as 7:48 AM until 8:41 PM. We have been assigned a councelor, one Eric Barnes, but we still haven't heard from him. Our account was not supposed to be turned over to the credit bureau as deliquent but it has been, the company that installed the heat and air system pulled our compressor because in December a creep named John called from Citimortgage and made horrible threats and called us terrible things for not making our payment so we made it. We could not afford to make the payment on the house and the heat unit so the compressor was removed until such time we could pay for it. Because the house got so cold we had water pipes break and the basement flooded and I lost one of my cats because she couldn't handle the cold. I personally have spent almost a month in bed because the cold gave me pneumonia and the Arthritis in my spine has acted up so bad that I can only walk from the bed to the bathroom and then I can't pull the toilet paper off of the roll as my hands are swolen to badly to close my fingers enough to pull off a piece. Still no call from Eric Barnes but dozens of them from collections and a credit score that will never allow us to buy another house, car or anything. To top it off our daughter needs another student loan so she can go for another semester of college. FAT CHANCE OF THAT. She's 18 and will have her Associates after this semester, she's an honor student with a major in Psychology and a minor in criminal justice. She wants to work with the FBI. Citimortgage is just a dream of a mortgage company. We've gotten a dozen lies and promises from everyone we have talked to at Citimortgage but the records have nothing in writing and there is no help coming from Citimortgage, only lies and grief.

• Mi
      27th of Jan, 2009
    CitiMortgage - refinance bs

I have had a mortgage with Citi for 8 years. After seeing news stories on how mortgage rates have been dropping, I called to inquire about refinancing my loan; I have excellent credit, always pay on time and in fact pay extra every month to pay down the principal, and I have a relatively small mortgage, perhaps 25% of my homes' value.

After suffering through seeming endless recorded BS, entering all my account information TWICE, and being redirected to "mortgage specialists", and hearing pre-recorded information that indicated Citi's rates were a full point HIGHER than the national averages quoted on the news, I finally got a live person, who asked me: do I have any accounts with Smith Barney or Citibank?

I said no ... just my mortgage (and some credit cards).

She said that due to the "high volume of business" CitiMortgage is currently experiencing, they just don't have the time to assist me ... but they could refer me to others who could.

LIKE I NEED THEM TO PARSE ME OUT TO SOMEONE ELSE?????? PUH-LEASE!

Screw you, Citi. No wonder you are going down the toilet. The first customer service rep I got was on the asian subcontinent, and the second might as well have been from Mars. I will take my business elsewhere, as most likely will anyone like myself who is NOT in financial distress and so has a choice as to with whom they will do business. Citi will be left with the financially distressed as customers, and will sink further down the toilet until they are taken over ... which probably will happen within the next six months. Good riddance.

11th of Feb, 2009
    CitiMortgage - No customer service
    citimortgage.com

My wife and I refinanced last fall on our home we have been living in for a few years. I have been a homeowner for over 20 years, and have had a mortgage with many lending institutions. With my wife out of work, and our budget tight, we needed to refinance to pay off some bills that had higher interest. We consolidated other loans into the mortgage. Our loan was sold to a financial institution called CitiMortgage.

We both have had loans over the years, and have been very good to our commitment. Realizing that within our budget, a large lump sum on one of our two paydays conflicted with payments to the utilities, gas and food expenses, so we decided to get on the Bi-monthly payment plan.

Setting up this payment plan was a challenge because everyone we talked to on the toll free number was from a call center somewhere outside the U.S. Needless to say a language barrier took place on every call. We finally got set up, and our payments scheduled. The bank however kept sending a bill. One of the monthly bills was a payment that we needed to make, on top of our bi-weekly plan.

Soon We got a letter every month stating we were a month behind. Finally a letter in January of 2017 said we were in default and being one month behind, that the credit bureaus have been notified of a late payment for the last several months, and an inspector would be sent out every month to check on the condition of the house at our expense. Our issue was that every monthly bill received, we would call the toll free number to confirm. The person on the other end of the line, could not understand what our concern was, and acted as if they were reading responses out of a manual, twice this weekend to someone in India, and today to someone in the Philippines. And on every call, they needed my full SSN to verify the account number! I did get a chance to talk with a real US citizen over the weekend, working at home with a cold, and that person only needed verification of the last four of my SSN.

Bottom line here is our major financial institutions are looking for an easy $ at the expense of the very customer they serve and beyond. Those included of losses in US jobs in exchange for overseas jobs that pay less. So where did this savings go? Maybe into the Ceo's pocketbook, possibly. But big banks and lending institutions invested into oil futures, driving up the cost on the commodities exchange. (60 minutes 1/11/2017). According to the program, there was no increase of the asking price for OPEC oil, nor where there any significant changes in the supply and demand over the years. When the price of oil went back down to normal, their investments went sour, now these banks are asking for bailout money, and laying off more workers.

• Na
      5th of Mar, 2009
    CitiMortgage - terrible customer service
    Transfer
    Pennsylvania

My husband got laid off and we are having trouble our mortgage payment and have called for 3 months and have gotten no help so far. Everytime we call we get india which they can barely speak english and have no clue how to help us. We are hardworking americans and are trying to keep our house but are getting nowhere with citimortgage! You see people that don;t care and are just walking away from their homes and here we just trying to do our best and the right thing and are getting nowhere. You keep hearing how the government is giving citimortgage all kinds of money for bailout and how they are suppose to be helping the working class - this is a joke and where is all the money going - my guess is to the people that don;t need it and are getting richer off of us tax payers. Basically who cares about the working class people!!! This has been so stressful for my husband and myself that it is starting to affect our health!!! Once again who out there basically cares. Why even bother to do the right thing because we are getting nowhere. What happened to caring about the american people!!! Who are these people from india and why are they answering american phone calls for help!!! Why would they care about us!!! Somebody out there better start sticking up for the american people before we are all destroyed.

• Bo
      13th of Mar, 2009
    CitiMortgage - bad customer service
    Citimortgage

I had called to make a change to our home owners ins and was told I was not able to make any change that I was not on the account I told my husband and he called citimortgage and told them to put my name on this account so that I could make any changes that we saw fit and we were told they would send a paper for him to sign to update our information and never received anything and when we call we better have at least a hour or two to be on the phone and we have two homes and the one is with another company and we never had an trouble with them if anything were to happen to my husband then what I could to nothing with this account ? This is crazzy! We need this fixed and citimortgage doze not care.

• Fr
      22nd of Mar, 2009

I AM IN LOSS MITIAGATION WITH CITIMORTAGE RIGHT NOW, MYSELF AND MY CO- OWNER HAVE BEEN CALLING CITIMORTAGE REPRESENTIVE IN THE LOST MITIGATION DEPT. BY THE NAME OF ELLYN

BEATTY MOCK NOW FOR 6 WEEKS, WE CALL AT LEAST 8 TIMES A DAY EVERY DAY AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RETURN CALL AS OF YET. SO I DECIDED TO GO TH HUD TO TRY AND RESOLVE THIS MATTER.

CITIGROUP IS THE WORST! I WILL BE BE SUING CITIGROUP!

• Ro
      1st of Apr, 2009

i starteda loan modification with citimortgage -my investor though was freddie mac-citi would do nothing for me and i have documented everything over 100 pages of faxes, certified letters, names of everyone i spoke to-i have called every day since 1/17/2017 when i started this process .we have submitted tax returns, expense sheets you name it-we have contacted our senator, represenative, attorney general complaints, federal trade commission complaints/they have nort worked with us -we have made bothe freddie and citimortgage look so bad they are giving us ahard time on the smallest of hurdles .they do not want to do it -and we qualify -they are content to wipe these bad loans off the books through foreclosure and take tarp money to lend to better customers-we are current-to hell with this obama plan, its smoke and mirrors, these entities are dragging their feet, we are current but tetoring-my advice to everyone complain, complain, complain, document everything and push these ###.take names -it is time consuming but when you get in fronyt of that foreclosure judge show him your efforts and then walk away form the home-your family is the most important thing .nothing is worse aggravation

• Fr
      10th of Apr, 2009

We are in loss mitigation now after filing for hardship assistance and were given a number to call someone named "Mike" - we are calling every day leaving message after message and NO ONE EVER returns our calls! We haven't gotten any statements nor can we make a payment online. This is very frustrating and we have decided to contact a lawyer. Citi Mortgage is absolutely the worst and we will fight tooth and nail to keep our home.

• Bl
      5th of May, 2009

We are being forclosed on as of May 6th after sending in all the correct paper work for a short sale numerous times they don't call us and let us know that when we faxed in the information on March 25th that who ever in their department put it in our file, put it in wrong and they couldn't open it, so they just through it aside instead of calling and telling us that there was a problem. Ilearn of it 2 days before the sheriffs sale and they already sent in their bid for the house on April 29th. I can't believe they continue to get money and pay their executives bonuses but theydon't have to do anything to help their customers. the goverment should cut them off. What happened to Obama saying all companies that got money have to try and work things out with their customers does it not include Citimortgage.