Citifinancial / Lies and unlawful bank drafts
Yesterday (the day the expense was due), we made a payment for my fiancé’s vehicle. The fee itself should have been a little over $700. However, we were informed that there was a late fee of $35. I inquired as to why this was, and the question was never actually answered. At this point, the bill has risen to nearly $740. Next, I am told that there is a $14.95 processing fee since they utilize Western Union for ONLINE payments. Bear in mind that I am paying over the phone. I have about $750 in this particular account, and explain that if I am required to pay the ridiculous $15 processing fee, then I will happily send in the payment via next-day mail (it's already late, apparently, so what difference does it make?)!! The service representative I was speaking with ASSURED me that the $14.95 fee would be waived (so as not to put me into overdraft), and gave me a confirmation number.
Today, however, the full $753 was drafted from my account, which put me into overdraft causing me to incur an ADDITIONAL $35 fee from my bank. I called to inquire as to why this was, and complain if necessary, and the "boss" at Citifinancial stated that there is NO WAY his representative would have told me that because they have no way of waiving that particular fee. He flat out told ME THAT I LIED to him. He refused to do anything to rectify the situation because it was some kind of fault of mine.
Ultimately: Citifinancial UNLAWFULLY withdrew money from my bank account that I DID NOT authorize. I am absolutely livid because of that, but the fact that they will not own up to--or even reimburse me for their ERROR is what really upsets me. If I have any say in this, no one I know will EVER do any business with this company again.
More Citifinancial Complaints & Reviews
- Citifinancial Auto - Citifinancial auto breaks the law with reposessions 
- Citifinancial - They do not have an area to check your account balance. 
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Citifinancial jeopardizing my reputation 
- Citifinancial Auto Loan - Treated like deadbeats! 
- Citifinancial - Online & pay by phone method 
- CitiFinancial Servicing - trying to locate the correct branch of citifinancial
- CitiFinancial Servicing - personal loan application
- CitiFinancial Servicing - home depot credit card
- Citifinancial - cancellation of credit life without authorization and then when death certificate sent as requested selling the mortgage to bayview.
- CitiFinancial Servicing - trying to find a loan