Citibank (Farragut North Branch) / breech of contract for promotional offer

1 2101 L street, NWWashington DC 20036, WA, United States Review updated:

I opened a checking with direct deposit, under promotional code " MVS4" in january, 2008. At the time of openeing the account, I had a print out of the promotional offer, which I had found online and the customer service representative at the Citibank, Farrafut North branch in Washington DC, said they will honor that offer. It stated $100 to be credited to my account at the end of 3 months of meeting the requirement of 2 online bill payments per month or at least one direct deposit per month. Another $100 at the end of another 3 months of doing the same. Based on their verbal promise and the representative at the bank printing out that print out from the internet, showing his computer number as a proof of having logged in and printed out in that banki, I took it as enough assurance for being granted the offer. Untill now, may 3rd, nothing has been credited despite my biweekly direct deposits since Jan, 2008 and 4-5 visits to the bank, innumerable calls have not led anywhere, other than a very customer unfriendly staff, upto the level of branch manager, who I hardly get to meet, and rest of the staff say, we told her but don't know why she hasn't got back, raising my frustration. It has been the most frustrating and negative banking experience for me despite me meeting the requirements. In the end I wasted my money in that bank, despite me opening a new direct deposit account which a lot of other banks offer a bonus with . Obviously I am closing that account ASAP but it amazes me isn't there some avenue where I can seek what they promised as I believe this is falsification and false assurance provided to a customer and I want to make a legal complaint, against the branch or Citibank.

Comments

• Jt
      6th of Jun, 2008

I am on the phone with them now. I waited 5 months, and saw nothing, and luckily I saved the code.

I am on hold with them as I write this, as they agent has no record that there is or ever was a promotion code MVS4, but I also confirmed with the people as I opened my account that I understood the offer correctly.

Sounds like they are trying to get out of the offer, hoping people will just throw their hands up.