CIC CE Credit ReportUnscrupulous company activities

1 Review updated:

CIC CE Credit Report: This company is the same as "FreeCreditReport.com". It appears that when you signed in for their "FREE" credit report, you get a free report from just one of the bureaus (Experian). It also appears that this company is closely related to Experian. It's supposed to be free, but to get your report from the other 2 bureaus, you have to pay $24.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Irvine, CAUnknowingly, the company automatically signs you up for a trial credit reporting service. If you don't cancel it by the deadline (7 days), your credit card will automatically be charged $14.95 each month for this service. When you call them on the phone to cancel [protected]), you're told that you agreed to this service because you did not cancel in time and you will not be refunded even if you cancel your service. I will never do business with this company again and neither will anyone I know... EVER!!

Go

Comments

Oct 01, 2007
    CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized billing!

I received a letter in the mail from this company. I checked the website and they needed my credit card info to proceed. I quickly learned that it was a scam operation. I called the company back using the number provided. I talked with a young man who sounded illegitimate. He told me that he would not charge my credit card for this service. However 3 weeks later i was billed 12 dollars. If i had the number i would post it for you but try calling this number18003888725. This company is using illegal procedures to scam us. WE WILL WORK TOGETHER AND WE WILL BRING THEM TO COURT!!! THIS COMPANY IS OPERATING ILLEGALLY! LETS GET OUR MONEY BACK!

Oct 10, 2007

This company is billing our credit card and we did not authorize the charges! Should we notify our attorney general?

• Br
      Nov 03, 2007

I agree, i have had them do this to me twice now and i just thought that i was free when i used it. I don't know what to do. If you have any advise please let me know!

• Vk
      Jan 12, 2008

I strongly agree with all the complaints... I was scammed this month of $12.95 by CIC CE CREDIT REPORT!... and I do not remember having contacted them at all!!! Anybody who know the number please let me know... These scammers definitely need to pay...

• De
      Apr 20, 2008

same happend to me, phone number is [protected]

• Bl
      Jun 10, 2008

Experian
    475 Anton Blvd.
    Costa Mesa, CA 92626
    [protected]

Here's information that should be useful to everyone thats being charged with out proper authorization from CIC* CREDIT Company, So you may call the company direct without going through their customer service reps. Who don't speak english and give us the run around. Good Luck!

Jul 19, 2008

Took funds without my knowledge or authorization!

• Al
      Aug 25, 2008

i have a charge on my credit card and i never wanted your service. please take it off or i will have my card company do it.

• Gi
      Sep 30, 2008

Thank you very much for the Experian phone number, I was able to get my charges back.

•   Nov 06, 2008

I know a lot of people are being scammed this way and don't even know where to start to fix this issue. I have called the company's phone number 3 times to cancel and still i am being charged. This is an outrage and frankly is absurd that is hasn't been taken care of after all the people they have ripped off. If anyone has an idea to go after this company please let me know. My phone number is [protected] and ask for Joe or leave a message and i will get back to you asap.

• Ji
      Nov 13, 2008
    CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized billing!
    cic ce credit report
    1103 E. Chamberlain ave
    Cottage Grove
    Oregon
    Phone: [protected]

I was charged 14.95 on my card. I don't even know who they are. I'd like to know who they think they are and how I get my money back, although I know I'm probabley screwed.

Nov 13, 2008

I don't know but they charged my bank card $29.90 and I called this fly by night service so called customer service department and told them that i did not authorize this and did not want any more charges on my account and today they charged me again!!!

• Wi
      Nov 14, 2008

[protected]. Call this number they should be able to help. Be FIRM but nice, same thing happened to me and I was taken care of no problem.

• Ta
      Nov 15, 2008
    CIC CE Credit Report - unauthorized payment
    Georgia

I have $29.90 on my creidt card that is not authorized and I have no idea where it came from and who it is. I do not want this to keep reoccuring and i have no way of finding out who this company is! If anyone knows who that is, please let me know!

• Fi
      Nov 19, 2008

The exact same thing happened to me, and the company is Experian, also known by their sleazier name FreeCreditReport. If you attempted to sign up for a free annual credit report through them, even if you did so through the government's website annualcreditreport.com, this probably happened to you. What they do is sign you up for a trial period subscription to "Triple Protection" without your knowledge, then, if you haven't unsubscribed from this service you don't know about, they send you the bill for $14.95 a month later, after "irreversibly" billing you for the next month - resulting in almost $30.

There's a lot of legal action against them at the moment for their actions, so hopefully this is resolved soon.