Chevron / customer service

1 2902 W. Anderson LaneAustin, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512-452-3643

I went to pump gas at the West Anderson Lane Chevon Station in Austin Texas. I used pump #7 and it stopped on me twice while I was pumping and could not get it to continue pumping. I went into the store twice and was met by Micheal who seemed aggitated with me for this problem i was having. He said he would fix the problem and to go back out and pump again. The pump started and then stopped again so I walked back inside to a very defensive clerk (Michael) He said immediately when I walked in " I do not know what you are doing to that pump?" I was shocked by his tone and told him I have been pumping gas since I was 16 yrs. old and do not know what I could be doing to inconvience myself so much. He after a brief heating conversation gave me my change and told me that that pump has been working all day today, and that I could just take my buisness elsewhere. So i guess I will do just that and hopefully their pumps are working properly and if they are not the clerks will be kinder.

Jm

Comments

La
  14th of Jun, 2008

I recently had a problem with someone stealing my bank card info and using it at two gas stations in a state that I don't even live in. Frustrated, after I contacted my bank I wanted an explaination from the company as to why this happened. All I wanted as contact information so I could speak with the manager at that location. An email customer service rep basically told me I was not charged because they could not charge me without the card. I had proof from the bank and overdraft charges to go with it. Then when I asked to speak to the supervisor I was told to contact my bank and the Chevron too was a victim here!! They do not care at all. I work in customer service and I am well aware how people should be treated and he just dismissed me without so much as an apology. I thought that is what managers in stores were there for, to listed to complaints. Because the issue is obviously there at the store location and I thought they would like to know.

Ca
  19th of Aug, 2008

I have a Chevron credit card that I would like my percentage rate lowered from 21.49%. My other gasoline credit cards have lowered there percentages. For example Exxon, Shell, and Phillips 66. I am a good paying customer. I don't understand why you can't lower my percentage. I have used this credit card for years and was able to pay within 30 days the entire payment, but with the times I can't do this. This is the reason I would like a lower rate. Thanks. Carolyn Matkin

14th of Jul, 2010

The local Chevron Station in my area has 2 prices. One for cash and a higher one for credit card sales. So if I use my Chevron Credit Card they charge the higher price. There is also a 76 Service Station in my area. They also have two prices. But if you use a 76 Credit Card you get the cash prices... Chevron makes you pay a higher price to use your card. When I found that out by making a purchase it was my
last purchase at that Station.

25th of Nov, 2010

To whom this may concern: I live at 14729 Montoro Dr, Austin, Tx 78728. For years my wife and i have been purchasing gas, beer, snacks, ect. from your store on the corner of 1325 & Merrilltown Drive which is only a few blocks away. On my last purchase there, i bought approx. $65 worth of gas for my truck, $35 worth of gas for my wifes car, $15 worth gas for my mortorcycle, & approx. $30 worth of beer & assorted items, all of which was on the same day. The attendants usually allow me to get free air if i need it for my truck or motorcycle since i have been a regular there. Not only was i refused free air but was treated very rude while i paid for other items inside the store. The attendant was irritated that i interupted her phone conversation. Then when i paid cash, had to argue that i was shorted $10 in change. I tried to give them a second chance, but have again have been shorted my change or charged $1 over on items purchased. My wife has had the same thing happen, so we have decided not to go to Chevron for any of our purchases each week. In my book, this puts a bad stain on Chevron. I have informed my employees that i will not pay for any reciepts from any Chevron. If you look my name up, you will notice that i have not used my Chevron card in a long time and have instead used my debit card or cash.
Sincerely, a very disapointed customer.

In these hard times, i would think keeping customers would be important. But i guess Cheveron is so big that it no longer needs customers to keep them profitable.

St
  29th of Mar, 2011

This is NOT a complaint. This is actually a compliment. This morning I was greeted by a VERY nice lady at the Chevron in Garden Grove, CA. the Chevron is on Harbor Blvd and teh 22 freeway. This attendant ( I think her name was Gloria?) not exactly sure but she was middle aged and blonde and I wanted to let you know that it was really refershing and a pleasure to be greeted and serviced by such a nice and professional woman. When I walked in she immediately greeted me "Good Morning" and gave me a really nice smile. Then when i was looking for a drink and she noticed that I grabbed a Monster Energy drink she then mentioned how if I bought 2 it was a much better deal. So I did. She was very personable and delightful. I wish more gas stations like this one had MORE friendly attendants such as this woman. You are very lucky to have her. Thank you for your time.
Stephanie-

Je
  28th of Jun, 2011

Jun28, 2011 raining day, i toke my son to this chevron gas station 1701 park st alameda, ca 94501. He is only 6 yrs old, fall down in there property with the hot drink, the cashier lady cleft lip said that is my problem, go have to report, than she want to charge one more time of the drink ( only $1.38) that is not right, no customer service, don't care about lawsuit.

Sh
  17th of Aug, 2013

SOME UNPRO WORKERS THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT SERVICE, ALL THEY REALLY CARE IS THE PAY CHECK EVERY 2 WEEKS I HEAR U, EVEN JUST NOW I WENT 2 PUMP MY GAS THIS GUY WERE INSIDE N SAW ME GOT OUT OF THE CAR, HE SHUT DOWN THE MECHINE SO I CAN'T GET MY GAS, MY GAS WAS ALMOST EMPTY HE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS RUNNING LATE, N SHOULD B CLOSING AN HOUR AGO, SO I ASK HIS NAME HE REFUSE 2 GIVE N MAMBERBLING, SOMETHING IT SOUND LIKE SWEARING, N I JUST ASK HIM HELP OUT JUST LET ME FILL THE GAS IT WON'T TAKE LONG, OK IF HE IS IN A HURRY, BUT HE SAW ME WHEN I ARRIVE THE PUMP ALREADY WHY WAIT TILL I GOT OUT THE CAR THEN HE SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING, I FEEL LIKE BEING DISCREMENATE CAUSE I AM A DISABLE PERSON HOW FAST HE EXPECT I MOVE? DON'T THINK I WOULD RECOMENT THIS GAS STATION ANYMORE, WOULD TELL PPL THAT I KNOW NOT JUST FROM WORK, RELATIVES EVEN CHURCH ABOUT THIS STATION, HOW BAD IS THEIR SERVICES, I BELIEVE GAS STATION SHOULD HIRE PEOPLE THAT LIKE 2 SERVE NOT JUST ABOUT THE PAY, SO I WENT TO ESSO TO PUMP MY GAS THE WORKER THERE IS VERY POLITE N WITH MANNERS, I WOULD NOT GOING BACK TO THAT GAS STATION ANYMORE RATHER GOES SOMEWHERE ELSE