CheapCaribbean.com / Deceptive advertising do not book with cheap caribbean

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I called to book a vacation and explained I found a better price the representative assured me they would match it, I just had to book online and submit a screen shot of the lower price and it would be taken care of. I booked on a Friday. I had not heard back from them over the weekend and upon calling the 800 number a message explained they were under a lot of pressure due to the recent storms so I waited to call the next week. The lady I spoke with told me you did not receive my email with the screen shot and that it was too late since it was past the 24 limit.I told her I have the email trail and the proof that I submitted it. Upon searching online they always claim to "lose" messages like this. I spoke to many of their customer service reps who were rude and dismissive, the final "manager" David talked over me and talked down to me telling me to "give up" and get over it, there's nothing he could do. I am extremely upset with this company. It seems once they get your money they are done with you. Upon going on the trip the hotel had trouble finding our reservation, the front desk lady said they always have trouble with this company and most everyone who uses them has been unhappy with their services. Save your self the trouble and book with a better company. The BBB gives them a D+ rating!

Comments

• Na
      16th of Mar, 2010

I have read numerous complaints about CheapCaribbean.Com, but I want to help them out just a bit.
    This company records every last call that comes into the phone line, it is kept for quite some time, so asked them to pull the call, speak to Melanie R, Amber H, Kristin K, or Heather A, they have a IT staff headed by George that has state of the art equipment to recorded and store all calls that come into the company

• Pr
      20th of Oct, 2010

Funny they pulled up my call and still didnt back me up. they said the agent was wrong and eventually was fired.

• Gr
      3rd of Nov, 2010

I had just booked a trip tp Jamaica for 11-5-2010 for 3400.00 this includes all taxes, when web surfing I came across VacationExpress.com and found the same booking for 2800.00, I immediately contacted CheapCaribbean and they told me the steps to take to recieve the matching price . I did so and within a day had a refund of 500.00 acredited to my account. So to the one that did not recieve the refund I am sorry but I am thinking that maybe you did not follow procedures within the time limit and to others I say take a look at Cheapcaribbean.com as I have used them several times in the past, but always look elsewhere as I did above, sometimes their price is beaten. But not often.

• So
      6th of Nov, 2010

CheapCaribbean has an A- Better Business Bureau rating. I read on Google they book over 500, 000 passengers a year and give loads to charity. "Numerous complaints" I would disagree with. I've used them 3x to Puerto Rico and will use them again this year.

• Di
      2nd of Jun, 2011

I have a problem with them now that i am trying to resolve and believe me i will go to the end to get my money back I will even file small court suit against for misleading information. My husband is a non us citizen and when i called them numerous times before and after buying they kept on telling me the as long as he has a valid green card he will be able to travel when we got to airport they would let us board because of my husbands passport expired so cheapcarribean.com lied to us and would not return our money. I hate them I will file a suit against them they are terrible.

23rd of Apr, 2013

I called to ask for amount to change dates. When Sam told me 824. I declined. Then he told me there is a problem with my reservations. 3 kids could not be in a room alone. I told him there are 2 adults 3 kids. We can have an adult in each. Then he changed his statement to we should have been charged more for the 2 kids under 12. They will call hotel to see if I need to pay additional amount. I would find out later and hung the phone up on me when I said I wanted to know now.
    I called back and got Sara. Sara stated the reservation was correct and read hotel rules 4 people allowed per room and max 2 kids. So there was nothing wrong. Then she stated let me check notes.
    Well long story short Supervisor Monica refused to take my call. When she did she explained that $24. per person does not include kids under 12.. And she read to me in little letter at the bottom if you have a single person w/child 4-11 to call reservations. I did call before I booked on line. And it's 3 people in the room how is that single.
    So what she is saying is that person does not include kids! Never heard of any company who didn't consider kids a person. They should have used the words adults instead of per person. She also stated only 2 hotels offer the special rate and both of them do this false advertisement, but that is handled by the advertisement department not her.
    So I have to wait to see if I can take confirmed trip or they will refund me.
    After I bought 5 plane tickets. Paid for 5 people to stay at hotel. I'm waiting to see of I owe money??
    CheapCaribbean.com is a scam!!!