CenturyLink / refusal to return overpayment
So I made an error when I made my electronic payment by a factor of 10. I called customer service to try and get the overpayment returned. They told me that they can not issue a check for overpayment. They can only do so for remaining balance if I terminate my service. So they obviously do have a method but they do not want too! They say the balance will be applied to future bills. This is over a years worth of bills that it will cover. I have been with them since living in VA along with DSL and 2 lines. Have been on hold for over 16 minutes waiting for a supervisor but I think this is just a way to get me to hang up.
Guess I need to cut my landlines and change to cable for my internet and tell them goodbye as this appears to be the only way to get my overpayment back.
More CenturyLink Complaints & Reviews
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link Dsl - misrepresentation of services and fees 
- CenturyLink - huge overcharges and fraudulent billing 
- CenturyLink - customer service
- CenturyLink - internet service is being throttled down and even at times no service at times and when I call centurylink they say they dont do that.
- CenturyLink - tv and internet service
- CenturyLink - internet service infrastructure in iowa city
- CenturyLink - technical support