The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

CenturyLink / refusal to return overpayment

1 Charlottesville, United States Review updated:

So I made an error when I made my electronic payment by a factor of 10. I called customer service to try and get the overpayment returned. They told me that they can not issue a check for overpayment. They can only do so for remaining balance if I terminate my service. So they obviously do have a method but they do not want too! They say the balance will be applied to future bills. This is over a years worth of bills that it will cover. I have been with them since living in VA along with DSL and 2 lines. Have been on hold for over 16 minutes waiting for a supervisor but I think this is just a way to get me to hang up.
Guess I need to cut my landlines and change to cable for my internet and tell them goodbye as this appears to be the only way to get my overpayment back.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Ce
      30th of Dec, 2010
    0 Votes


    My name is Joey and I'm with CenturyLink. I'm sorry that you've had trouble with our company and I'd be happy to look into your issue for you. Just email me at and include your name, account number and reference your post here on Thanks.

    Joey H
    CenturyLink Customer Outreach

Post your comment