Cdearth / Scam and rip off!

Yes I am a sucker, cdearth.com will offer you a free cd program and two other cd's what they don't tell you is that once you confirm the order you also are signing up for their cd of the month club. If you don't return the extra cd's by the 28 day time period, your card is charged $29.98. Cdearth stuff is not free, and they use black marketing techniques to legally steal 30 bucks. stay away If you want Nyu there are other download sites available, they may not be free, but their cheaper than $29.98. If you get charged the money there is nothing you can do, because its outlined in their terms and conditions (which most people should read, but don't). Just cancel your 'membership' with them as soon as possible, otherwise you get more un-free cd's in your mailbox.

Va

Comments

18th of Jan, 2008

I loved CD Earth. One of the Best companies ever!!!!!! They have the best customer service. I sent 10 e-mails and all of them were replied to with in an hour and they did everything I asked. This is very very wrong. It is a sinmple program to follow don't be stupid and read things before you buy!!! All in all I love CD Earth.

• Ju
      20th of Jan, 2008

Check out this blog post which explains a lot more:

Also, leave a comment on their blog as it will help spread the word.

• R
      25th of Jan, 2008

I had the same think happen to me. I was stupid enough to order one CD from them that came with three more FREE CD's and, I admit, did not pay enough attention to their terms and conditions. Very bad thing - as it turned out. Not only did they charge my credit card $29.98 but I ended up with three other softwares that I haven't even used and I 'll probably never use. There's obviously nothing free on this planet anymore and you end up paying deeply for your stupidity. What a rip off! Very bad way to do business...

• Bo
      31st of Jan, 2008

I love cd earth aswell. They have provided me with plenty of software to further my collection which is always in need of more software. I think you guys are all illiterate and stupid for not reading what you sign up for. You are incompetent for entering your credit card information in before reading the terms and conditions, aka you are dumb!

• Pi
      26th of Feb, 2008

I literally just got RIPPED OFF from CD EARTH. It's sad they have to use these techniques to RIP people OFF.

But, what comes around goes around and the same way they've dealt with their customers is the same way they'll be dealt with. There business is going to flop this year that's for sure!!! and then of ALL things they offer BIBLE SOFTWARE... what a joke!

BTW: CD Earth people aren't suppose comment on this page. You don't count.

• Pi
      26th of Feb, 2008

BTW: CD Earth people aren't suppose comment on this page. You don't count!

• He
      3rd of Jun, 2008
    Cdearth - Unauthorized charges on credit card
    cdearth
    Texas

Ordered cd's on trial basis to purchse 2 cd's. Charged $14.95 then found additional unauthorized charges of $59.00 and $5.95, then received another set of cd's in the mail.
    DO NOT Make a credit card purchase with this scam of a company!

11th of Jun, 2008

If you look closely at the software they are offering to send you on CD you will see that they are free programs you can download off the internet from 'their' perspective 'legal' sites.

The names CD EARTH are giving for the software are deceiving, for example;

Secure Email = Thunderbird™ - which is free.
    Photo & Image Studio = Gimp - which is free.
    Desktop Publishing Studio = Scribus - which is free.
    Video Editing Studio = VirtualDub - which is free.
    Music Editing Studio = Audacity® - which is free.
    Animation Studio = Blender - which is free.

Etc...etc...etc

I think it would be a good idea to write letters to the copyright owners and designers of these programs to let them know of the shady practices of CD EARTH.

This is absolutely a ripoff scheme.

• Cd
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Rip off indeed. Go to hell CDEarth! They are ### and exist only profit off of peoples trust that they are a legit business. No one would want to "join" a software club that provides (free) software so they have to hide the fact that you are ripping people off.

No one in their right mind would think positively about this rip off strategy. The positive responses on here are clearly from the ### at CDEarth themselves.

• Hu
      6th of Jan, 2009

This CdEarth scam is spreading around the world. I live in England and have been suckered in. My account has had an unathorised amount debited. The origonal Free CD's I ordered are crap, and I didn't return them with the 25 day. Now My account is being plundered. Anyone out there got a suggetions on how to put an end to this rip-off.

Rgds

Hunty

• Ra
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Yes, its a scam alright.. Found out too late though..
    Now I have cancelled my credit card and requested a new one.. Hope this prevents these scums from charging my account..

• Dc
      16th of Nov, 2009

Scam??? I believe this business needs a little more understanding of their customers. Remember word of mouth can hurt more than a small return payment... I just called to cancel & return some CDs that where sent to my grandson not to me not even a statement. I finally caught up with them and they will not credit my account for last months CDs which weren't even opened. They wouldn't even communicate in a positive way. I explained to them they had the wrong address which caused delay in delivery. Said it was my fault that is what I wrote on the order. Ya right! Don't believe that. Supervisor was not very helpful and refused to help me with my credit. Will be watching this for the next few months on my credit card. Grandson's Nana

• Ro
      19th of Nov, 2009

i have had the same problems and canceled the subscription that i did not know i had signed up for and they still charge my card $64.75 i cant contact them so they are nothing but common criminals 'thieves!

• Cd
      24th of Nov, 2009

Cdearth is a scam. They don't even send you emails or anything to tell you when there going to charge you for the cds. I was unaware when I was getting charged. I didn't even know that I joined there scam cd club. But I learned from them to always carefully read what I sign up for because I never knew that I can get myself into such a big scam. And I've learned from them that nothing is free. Most likely the word free means rip off and especially on sites like cdearth. But I've learned my lesson thanks to them for future scams. Thanks cdearth for ripping me off.

• Ku
      5th of Dec, 2009

Same here in UK Too they are nothing but theives

• Rs
      17th of Dec, 2009

CD Earth is a definite CROOK and everyone should turn them into the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU

• Fl
      20th of Dec, 2009

If they have a good product why do they have to use underhand tactics. Yes it's a scam and yes they are criminals. NEVER TOUCH CD PLANET.

• Mi
      13th of Feb, 2010

I was one of the same idiots that signed up for the free cd and now they are charging me £35-00 to £45-00 per month for other cds that I dont want absoloute rip off

• To
      23rd of Feb, 2010

does anyone know how to cancel this membership so they dont send any more cds and how many of the four cds do you have to return within 25 days to avoid any payments

• Mh
      18th of Mar, 2010

After being charged £41.00 for items not wanted or received, I contacted cdearth and was informed that they do not do refunds, however after 2 phone calls and several emails I got a refund and cancelled membership by threatening legal action. This company is a RIP OFF. They offer cds first but if you persist they will refund